UNSW vs UWS Law (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
Not necessarily true. Private practice is a definite option and going into business guarantees you a job. You don't need to be with a law firm to be raking in the cash. Or you could even go pro-bono (not-for-profit) which is what a genuinely helpful lawyer does. Helping clients for free shows that you really care and you're not in it for the big bucks. UWS Bachelor of Laws is my second preference.

Australian National University has the most well-regarded and respected Bachelor of Laws programme in Australia, not USyd or UNSW.

That is the most ridiculous statement! In all honesty really think about that statement. In reality do you think that happens? Do you believe that a person would study for five long years, undertake a 6 month training course, spend thousands of dollars investing in books and so on just to work for free? Do you think that htis really happens? Although there may be the odd loner who may pursue this path, in reality it doesn't regularly happen. The students who do enter that field (apart from those who actually believe they have a social conscience) enter the field on the basis that they could either not find a proper legal job or that they could not cut it in the commercial legal world. I know there will be uproar over my statement but if you really think about it, would you really throw away 4 years of your life to work for free or minimal pay?<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>

Demandred

HSC
1. You still get paid whilst working pro-bono, have you heard of community legal centres? Solicitors at these CLCs do get paid a significant salary, probably more $/hr than some of the mid-tier law firms. Don't equate profit and wages as being the same thing. Noob.

2. Yes, A LOT of people do actually pursue that path, not just an odd loner nor because they can't find a legal job. It's a worthy area to practice and anyone who pursues pro-bono work has my deepest respect.

Now fuck off Rajputsingh, go become a banker or something.

Last edited:

rajputsingh

HSC
To the post above mine... it is alright mate. It's not my fault that you arre unemployed and can not hack it in the real world. You live in your "ideal" world where everyone loves each other and everyone wants to help everyone for nothing. Get real mate!

Demandred

HSC
I work for Freehills. Come back in 5 years when you finish your law degree and actually learn something about the legal profesion. Until then, stfu.

jassono

HSC
Oh goodness, this thread is full of such venom and anger :s

Demandred

HSC
We are very nice people :)

A lot of us lawyers enjoyed our experiences in pro-bono work whilst at University or as secondments (including me). I personally know a lot of top tier lawyers that would prefer to take up public interest cases rather than a multi-million dollar litigations. You'll find that there is a lot of these lawyers at the CLCs once worked for the Big 6s.

Don't believe that unmitigated jackass.

jassono

HSC
Hahaha its ok, i still look forward to being a lawyer =D I guess you have to take it in your stride and be argumentative, or else youre in the wrong profession.. ?
'Unmitigated jackass' hahahaha

rajputsingh

HSC
Mate and no offence, you are the one who started this personal attack. I never once attacked any individual on this site I was just expressing my opinion. Yet you find it reasonable to personally attack me by using profane language just because I come from a different school of thought from you. You need to open your eyes and understand there are a lot of people like me out there and from your experience from working at Freehills you should be fully aware that im not just a random case but instead a very popular school of thought. I have no problem with you and you are probably a really great person. I will be the bigger man and apologise if I have in any way insulted or offended you in anyway but I was just expressing my opinion which is my right to do so.

cp3

HSC
To the post above mine... it is alright mate. It's not my fault that you arre unemployed and can not hack it in the real world. You live in your "ideal" world where everyone loves each other and everyone wants to help everyone for nothing. Get real mate!
I work for Freehills. Come back in 5 years when you finish your law degree and actually learn something about the legal profesion. Until then, stfu.

lol...fkn pwned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)