UNSW Wall Street Club (1 Viewer)

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC
Hi All

My names Scott Shuttleworth, I am a part time msc financial mathematics student at UNSW and an equity analyst by trade.

I'm starting up a new club for those who wish to join the funds management industry. Here you'll learn how to analyse the markets, learn to make trades and have your own investments & returns to show when you start interviewing for jobs.

We have roles for those interested in equity analysis, bond/credit analysis, derivatives & forex, quantitative strats, investment accountancy, administration and others.

The only thing you need to bring is a lot of passion and drive; this is only for those who are serious about succeeding in the industry.

If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in on more details.

Regards,
Scott

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC
Getting some good responses already. Glad to see so many people interested in the industry.

If you want a senior position in the club I would advise you to contact me asap. There will be plenty of analyst positions but I will not be opening more than 3 portfolio manager roles.

Scott

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC
Thanks obliviousninja for your interest

I've checked my interest and don't seem to have a message from you.

I will look out for it

Scott

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC
Thanks again all for the responses, sounds like we'll have a good crew.

Just announcing to get things started we'll be having a free beer sesh (my shout) next week. It's a chance for people to get to know each other, talk about what experience they're after and work out if the club is right from them.

I'll want to have a chat with all of you to get an idea of your personality, skills and what you can bring to the club. From here I'll be able to start the initial placement of roles.

If you're interested, pm me and tell your friends who also are interested in a career in investments/trading to come down as well. If you've already pm'd me you don't need to to so again, I have recorded the email addresses you all provided.

Actual day of the sesh will be announced next week, but likely Thurs/Fri or Sat.

Thanks,
Scotty

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC
UNSW Wall Street Club - First meeting (Free Beer)

Deleted - see reason below.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: UNSW Wall Street Club - First meeting (Free Beer)

Will there be cocaine and hookers?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

Hopefully I make it in to UNSW next year to join! HAHA

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

good luck with your club. have to admit i wonder how this differs from UNIT (one of my old societies).

UNSW WSC - Scotty

HSC

This is a less events focused club, more experience/prepping for your first interview.

UNIT has some of this but we're a bit more niche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)