UOW Discovery Day (1 Viewer)

are you going?

• Total voters

benn07

HSC
is anyone else doing 'the iphone game'?
hahahaa i am for the last two things, and i have no idea what it is, it just seemed cool!

-tony-

HSC
yea i think i put my name down for that one
i kinda picked a range of options coz i wanna do teaching and there really was only one option for that

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
.... Our school is meant to be going on monday but I don't think its going to work.

He is making us wear uniforms and we aren't even registered in any lectures???
Well that's what you get when your careers advisor is a horticulture teacher.

-tony-

HSC
doesnt sound good
we dont hav to wear uniform and we r meeting our careers advisor outside the uni on monday morning
should be a good day thoe

Finx

HSC
is anyone else doing 'the iphone game'?
hahahaa i am for the last two things, and i have no idea what it is, it just seemed cool!
It won't be as good as you think. Basically they'll just tell you what to do (ie write code or click buttons) for you to make some simple preset game which can be loaded onto an iPhone and played with the touch screen.

If it's better than my presumption, let me know =P.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I don't know why but the notification sheet for my school says "DO NOT WEAR SCHOOL UNIFORM," not just "you do not have to wear school uniform."(not that anyone would wear school uniform even if it was allowed lol)

-tony-

HSC
i hav a feeling our permission note says that as well

jaunesoleil11yo

HSC
i'm going tomorrow (tues) and we've been told were going to be one of the only schools wearing uniform :(

-tony-

HSC
today i would say it would have been close to half in uniform
wasnt too bad a day
some of the lectures were more interesting than others but thats kinda expected

4theHSC

HSC
Yeah I went today,, overall I would say it was good,, LOL they give you timetables with your preferences,, but basically you don't really have to follow them,, just go to what you think is interesting,, thats what I did.

4theHSC

HSC
yea pretty much
which ones did u go to
I went to medical science first, then went for Engineering is fun, after the break I went to the philosophy thing (where he talks about some magical ring), wasn't all that and at the end my friend got me into this Law class which was very boring. Advice to everyone,, don't do the Law class,, unless you like talking about contracts and sonny bill williams.

what about you?

-tony-

HSC
my first one was the international studies one which wasnt too bad.was a little disjointed coz the person originally supposed to do it was doubled booked so we were given someone else.then did the international exchange one which was interesting but to an extent pointless coz there are other ways to find that info.after lunch did the teaching one which was again a waste to an extent coz most of it was left to us to ask questions and a lot of it turned to pay related questions.i did the psychology one last and was totally bored.most of it was videos

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hey, I went today.
They ended up sorting everything out for us even though we hadn't registered properly.
I went to:
med science (how boring was that guy, I swear I nearly fell asleep)
exercise science (it was good, I'm still really interested in that)
education (it was great, except we got a bit off track with that guy talking about pay and stuff)
and student life (which gave me a fair idea of uni life)

I think it was a really good day overall, I'm interested in going there a lot more than before.

4theHSC

HSC
Hey, I went today.
They ended up sorting everything out for us even though we hadn't registered properly.
I went to:
med science (how boring was that guy, I swear I nearly fell asleep)
exercise science (it was good, I'm still really interested in that)
education (it was great, except we got a bit off track with that guy talking about pay and stuff)
and student life (which gave me a fair idea of uni life)

I think it was a really good day overall, I'm interested in going there a lot more than before.
LOL you were probably in my first class, my friend made a comment about him as we were going out, he was like 5 m away from the guy and he was like " I'm pretty sure he has parkinson's disease"

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
LOL you were probably in my first class, my friend made a comment about him as we were going out, he was like 5 m away from the guy and he was like " I'm pretty sure he has parkinson's disease"

HAHA, after med science I was concerned that all the rest were going to be like it and I was thinking "why am I here and not at school...." but it turned out ok.

There were heaps of kids who tried to wag the last session, in my student life talk the number of people went from about 6 to 25 because the orange shirt people kept bringing in random students who didn't want to go to anymore lectures haha.

Finx

HSC
Went today! It was alright, some stuff got kinda lame and boring.

Did anyone do:

1. What makes people happy
2. Body as a social construct
LUNCH
3. Scholarships
4. Social and emotional intelligence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)