UPANISHADS<< no idea! (1 Viewer)

can some one please expalin to me wat the upanishads r,,, and how they challenge the everydy life of a believer???

CoYLiE

Throughout history, the Hindu people have constantly been seeking the meaning of life. This search can be seen through the Vedas and Upanishads as they seek to relate to god and the world and to find true salvation. The Hindu faith stems mainly from the ancient vedic scriptures and evolved to include the Upanishads. Modern Hindus would agree that the Upanishads are a necessary addition to the Vedas. The evolving of these texts was the first consistent expression that directed the people to a philosophical solution to their spiritual dilemmas, questions, and problems.

Hope that helps.

thnx ill try n move on from there,,, is that from the top of ur head or a book,..,. if ur head, dam u know wat ur on about..

CoYLiE

HAHA... if only i was able to pull stuff like that during the exam. I really have no idea where I got it from... it was in amongst my notes from all different websites due to the lack of information in the three different hsc texts.

man wats crap bout mine is that for the 3 different topics im doin all different religions instead of stiking to just the two same traditions,, soo confusing :confused:

CoYLiE

we're doing christianity and hinduism for all three of our cross-religious studies... seeing that we spent more of last year on hinduism than any other depth study, we thought we had a pretty good grounding in it.
I'm surprised your teacher did that, it kind of makes it a bit harder having to know the different beliefs and practices of all of the different traditions, when u really only have to know about two.

now that makes me feel heeps betta.. for religious rites im doin xty and islam, for ethis im doin buddhism and xty and for teachers,,, im doin hinduism and xty,, hmmmmmmmmm

i wonder wat my teacher was thinkin at the time,, he must hate us.
cheers...:p

CoYLiE

but it gives u a better grounding for general knowledge on religious tradition responses for the other sections... like i hav no idea about what we did last year for the other depth studies besides christianity and hinduism... other stuff to do with judaism and buddhism and islam is all a blank.
so when it asks for role and response of traditions... the only answer they will be getting will be from christianity and hinduism.

yeh i guess u have a point..
do u find the 1st part of the exam easy.. xty in oz from 1901 to present..
was there any complaints about last yrs paper. i hope there was...

CoYLiE

in the trials i went best in that section 1 and 2 (multiple choice, short answers and stuff). I think something like 36/40. But then my extended responses really let me down and i went down 10% in total marks.

do u wana laugh
see how we had to do just 3 questions well i wasnt aware of it and did the whole five
dont know how i did it!!!
and i managed to cum 2nd
i hope im that luky in the hsc:eek:

CoYLiE

well i know in geography, i'm not sure about SOR, if you do that, they mark all of your answers at the separate question tables, and they take the three best questions out of the ones you hav done, and just don't count the extra ones.

nah man i aint gona do dat again,,
ill stik to the ones i know

wats the difference bw assimilation and protectionism in reference to aboriginies

CoYLiE

'protection' was a policy introduced in 1938 by the British Parliament and applied to the Aboriginal people. It was basically to protect, by isolation, from violence, disease. But also allowed the government to acquire even more land, because it went hand in hand with the missionary activity.

assimilation is a 19th century idea that aboriginal people should be 'improved' by being 'civilised' and Christianised. From the 1930s, assimliation was government policy and in the 1950s legislation was introduced to enforce it. The ultimate aim of this legislation was the eventual destruction of Aboriginal society through the 'dispersal' of individuals and the breaking-up of Aboriginal communities.

so basically assimilation sought to breed out and destroy the aboriginal culture. Whereas the protection policy is looking at a different aspect, to isolate the Aboriginal people for their own protection from the white people as well as so that the white people could get some benefit from the policy.

Viceroy

hahahaha coyle i have ur notes!!!!!

remember getting the trials back, oh that was a badddd day!

hehehehe

16.5 hours to go

not that im counting

coyle r u coming to brooky pub after the exam??

CoYLiE

haha... so he is alive...
everyone has my notes cos i am superior yet i'm still going to go shit cos i haven't learnt wot's in my notes... they're just there...
:chainsaw:
i'm going into the city after the exam, and it's not as if i can do much celebrating, i have to be at sydney uni early on friday for philo graduation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)