Upcoming physics trials (1 Viewer)

_deloso

HSC
lmao i never do past papers exam style, i do MC, check answers
then short answers look at questions, think what im gunna write then look at the answers.
idk if its a good technique or not coz people say its bad. :s
I do this too. works for me though. so dont fix it if it aint broken.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes indeed
I think the time should be the same. That's the whole principle of special relativity (that there's no absolute frame of reference).

But it also depends on the frame of reference that the event they time is in, since that is the proper time () you place into the time dilation equation, but the question doesn't specify.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think this is how you do it =D
So you need to find momentum given the wavelength of a particle...what equation is there that relates the two? (Remember that )

For the second part, you have to remember that linear momentum is conserved in all situations. So if that photon somehow was ejected from that proton (, the hydrogen nucleus, is just a proton - the electron isn't there anymore in the atom, giving it a net +1 charge), the proton must recoil so that momentum is conserved, like how a gun recoils when you shoot a bullet due to conservation of momentum.

So the recoil momentum and the momentum of the photon must sum up to zero to obey the law of conservation.

Mrtechz

HSC
Explain the advantages of induction motors compared with conventional A.C motors?

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
I think the time should be the same. That's the whole principle of special relativity (that there's no absolute frame of reference).

But it also depends on the frame of reference that the event they time is in, since that is the proper time () you place into the time dilation equation, but the question doesn't specify.
Yep, both answers are ~3.2 hours. The questions are the same, in the second question, the Earth will be travelling away from the spaceship at 0.95C so the astronaut will see time take longer.

meganshaw2010

HSC
I was wondering if you can help me out.

Can you please let me know which subjects are covered during the trial?

I was told that it would include:
space
motors and generators
from ideas to implementation
and one question based on the optional section(medical physics in my case)

Do I need to know photoelectric effect, superconductivity, and Planck's formulas for the trial exam?

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I was wondering if you can help me out.

Can you please let me know which subjects are covered during the trial?

I was told that it would include:
space
motors and generators
from ideas to implementation
and one question based on the optional section(medical physics in my case)

Do I need to know photoelectric effect, superconductivity, and Planck's formulas for the trial exam?
YES, make sure particularly in ideas to implementation you also cover photocells and solar cells and maglev trains because the entire purpose of that chapter is how concepts are used in practice. I'm not saying the questions will be in the exam for sure but it definitely could be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)