Upgrade security on trains (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What do u guys think about this security upgrade that they are thinking of doing on sydney public transport???

Personally i think that its not nessecary.

Heres an idea, how about we actually fix the system and make things, especially trains run on time. Or is that just too much to ask for??? :confused:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I think the security system we have is mostly adequete, of course it can always be improved, but I'm sure most people would rather have a train come within 5 mins of its scheduled time than constantly having security guards glowering at them

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Instead of putting security on trains they should dig a big pit and throw all the junkies, gang-members, smelly shirtless alcoholic drunks and so on into it... then cover it with dirt. You wouldn't need security ever again!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Cape
Personally i think that its not nessecary.
I'm sure the spanish didn't this it was neccesary, but look what happened to them. Due to the unpredictability of terrorism, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Trains always run late, I am always late for uni cause the richmond trains are ALWAYS late!!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
upgrade security???
i didn't even know there was security, its just so easy for a terrorist to walk on a sydney train and blow it up. whats stopping him?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Suney J is right, but so is Cape. I have been on Sydney trains once. I came down from Newcastle, and went on Sydney trains, and then caught the train back.
The only time we had our tickets checked was on the ride back to Sydney. Once near Hornsby, and the other time just as we were coming into Newcastle.
The only other time I saw security was when I wandered down the packed trains while we were held up. Any idiot could get on the train at any Sydney station, especially peak hour, and plant a bomb, or something similiar. Though, at the same time, it's hard to implement security because the train system iss o buggered up, which is where Cape is right.
The whole thing needs an overhaul, and certain officials need firing.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i think there are a whole lot of issues that city rail has to deal with. lots.

when cityrail planned their whole 'fantastic train system' years ago (which admittedly, a number of years ago there were few problems) they failed to take into account that sydney's population is fastly booming. the system is no longer fit the support the amount of people using public transport, and this combined with the lack of drivers has meant that cityrail is a reliable service about 5% of the time.

also, those dickheads who check for fines. does anyone think that cityrail are being absolutely ludicrous in the implementation of these arrogant wankers. i have once seen a group of 8 fine officers going through one train alone. why don't they just employ one or two officers? also, you need a concession card to buy a concession ticket..why the fuck do they still harass you about it? its a waste of money they could be spending on security

millenium trains. now mostly abandoned. what a waste of a fuckload of money.

personally, cityrail shits me to no end these days, that i'd rather pay twice as much to catch a bus to the city than the train.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I still prefer trains, to buses, no matter how shit they are. And I'd rather catch a train than drive the horrendous roads in Sydney. But with the train system as it is I think I'll keep well away from Sydney until the government sorts it out and stick to country link trains.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
omg..try getting around the inner city on a friday...nightmare!

Carlito

HSC
yeah those fine oficers are annoying... i got asked for ticket and concession card twice in 1 day the other day... the 2nd time i purposely said i lost my ticket to piss them off and see if they would belive me... then they started asking for name to write out a fine and im like 'oh wait i found it'

oh and the other day, i got on a train from newcastle at hornsby which was going to the city... tehre were no seats so i had to stand up, and also standing up near the door was this elderly lady who looked like she was gonna colapse,.. someone asked her how long she'd been standing for and she said gosford

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Don't get me started on fine officers. A mate of mine bought a ticket using an internal student card. The ticket guy sold it to him, but then he recieved a fine for it. The rest of us had bought tickets with normal student concession cards and were in school uniform sitting with him, but the guard still gave him a fine.
And yeah, it was on the news last night how a Canadian exchange student was harrassed by train security because she had an international student card and bought a discount ticket.
Why don't the security mongrels go and have a go at the bloke behind the counter who accpeted the international student card and sold them the ticket in the first place

Carlito

HSC
Another story i might share,

once at hornsby i was waiting to talk to the station staff dude at the gates to get a timetable, and this year 7 or 8 kid was in front of me saying he'd lost his wallet so he didnt have any money or his train pass. The seurity officer said, go buy a ticket, and the kid was like 'i lost my wallet, i dont have any money'. So then the security dude, obviouslly thinking he was real smart and cool said: "Ok come thru here and ill give you a ticket". The kid thinks he means a train ticket, so the kid comes thru and gets fined.

that actually pissed me off seeing that,.. i shoulda recoreded it and sold my tape to a current affair or something rofl

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
Another story i might share,

once at hornsby i was waiting to talk to the station staff dude at the gates to get a timetable, and this year 7 or 8 kid was in front of me saying he'd lost his wallet so he didnt have any money or his train pass. The seurity officer said, go buy a ticket, and the kid was like 'i lost my wallet, i dont have any money'. So then the security dude, obviouslly thinking he was real smart and cool said: "Ok come thru here and ill give you a ticket". The kid thinks he means a train ticket, so the kid comes thru and gets fined.

that actually pissed me off seeing that,.. i shoulda recoreded it and sold my tape to a current affair or something rofl
are you for fuckin real? thats so fucked, if i was that guy's parents i woulda gone and got that cunt sacked or something

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
What an arsehole. If he were anyone one I knew I'd have abused the guard and tried to stir shit until a fiught broke out or they called the cops (it's a family trait).
At the very least I'd have seen his superiors

Generator

HSC
N/A
Everyone needs a ticket to travel on the trains, and they do not give out 'freebies' to anyone without the relevant forms of id. At least with the fine he could make his trip home and just have his mum and dad refuse to pay the fine (though if that would work...).

One more point... If you do not hold a valid form of student id then you do not get charged at a student rate. Is that a hard concept to grasp?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Everyone needs a ticket to travel on the trains, and they do not give out 'freebies' to anyone without the relevant forms of id. At least with the fine he could make his trip home and just have his mum and dad refuse to pay the fine (though if that would work...).

One more point... If you do not hold a valid form of student id then you do not get charged at a student rate. Is that a hard concept to grasp?
this was basically a child. we are meant to be looking after our children. if I'd been there, I probably would've bought a ticket for them. that's a situation I personally could find a way to deal with now, because I have friends with cars, a phone, etc, but when you're in yr 7, it's much more daunting. the security officer was technically within his rights, but from what I understand this was a child travelling home from school, not exactly some random freeloader.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
also, I got a caution on a bus about 3 weeks ago because I didn't have 'proper' student id on me. I had my school id card and my school uniform on, just not the green concession card. granted, this was my fault, but umm I don't think anyone keeps their high school id card and dresses in school uniform to save 80c on a bus fare. maybe it's cause I'm not poor. I'm really glad it was a caution and not a fine, but still, it's not like there was any doubt that I was a genuine student. pfft.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
also, I got a caution on a bus about 3 weeks ago because I didn't have 'proper' student id on me. I had my school id card and my school uniform on, just not the green concession card. granted, this was my fault, but umm I don't think anyone keeps their high school id card and dresses in school uniform to save 80c on a bus fare. maybe it's cause I'm not poor. I'm really glad it was a caution and not a fine, but still, it's not like there was any doubt that I was a genuine student. pfft.
They will never fine anyone wearing school uniforms ;) Sometime you dont even get a wearning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)