Ur UAI and the desired Course! (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
uai: 95.6
desired course: bachelor of commerce at unsw and then transfer to commerce/economics after first semester. i love them for introducing this one! or business/law at uts or just business. still unsure. both unis sound good.

Haks

HSC
UAI: 94.25 plus up to extra 5 coz of elite athletes scheme

Desired course: Commerce at USYD, cut off being 93.3 or sumthn last yr...think itll increase this yr...pretty confident ill get in

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
UAI: 81.00

Desired course: Speech Pathology @ UQ, cutoff 2005 = 94.75, so its not going to happen.
Second most desired course: Arts @ UQ, cutoff 2005 = 79.05, which is more realistic, but I sure hope it doesn't go up.

No matter what I get into, I'm going to try to transfer to Speech Pathology at UQ after a year. Unless I get into speech straight up. But thats not going to happen.

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Medical Science is only 85 @ UNSW and you have a decent chance of getting into there.
haha ur champ, im gonna look it up ther. My family would finally love me if i did medicine liek the rest of them. Nah jokes f-- off i neva do that i love economics. i jus put it ther to make my parents happy

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
UAI: 91.45
Desired Course: 1. Vet Science @ Usyd (98.45) - not going to get that
2. B Applied Science(Speech Pathology) @ Usyd (87.10)

So hopefully I'll get Speech path @ sydney.

Good luck to everyone with their preferences and then offers coming up in january.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
uai: 97.15

first one is for co-op offer which i've pretty much accepted.
Second one is for co-op shortlist :rolleyes:

courses:

Bachelor of Science (Information Systems/Business Information Technology) at University of NSW

B Sc (Comp Sc), B Sc (Comp Sc)/B Sc, B Eng/B Sc (Comp Sc), B Sc (Comp Sc)/B Arts at UNSW

Bachelor of Information Technology at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced) at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Science in Information Technology B Laws at University of Technology, Sydney

Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies/Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Stds and Bachelor of Science at Macquarie University

cimbom

HSC
91.40 :(

I really want to do b. international studies at USYD, for 91.15.

I'm over the cutoff by 0.25, but i'm kind of worried that it was a *relatively* low UAI last year only because it was a new course... that not as many people applied to it last year as they would this year? That the UAI will go up and i will only be accepted in the late round, if I am lucky?

If not, b. economic and social sciences at USYD for 90.90... or b. eco at UNSW or USYD, then international communication at Macquarie... all 90- 91.

jgeo2000

HSC
UAI 95.45
desired course:
B economics/ B laws 92.9
or
B finance/ B laws 92.9 at newcastle uni
and if i dont like doing the course i end up in outta those two then i'll try to get into B arts/ B medicine/ B surgery at UNSW - 95

jgeo2000

HSC
iluvnathen said:
MY UAI: 90.45

DESIRED COURSE: Combined Law Degree (Newcastle) 92.90

But because I'm a local I get 4 extra points so its actually 88.9! I want to do Communications with it as the 'combined' part!!
hey even though you dont get the 4 point bonus u might be in luck this year cos admissions to newcastle uni have dropped and the lowest UAI cut off for combined degrees at newie is 90.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
:rolleyes: Though just a reminder, If you do want to get into B Medicine/B Surgery course, you must have passed the UMAT, and the UMAT was wayy long ago, I've already finished my interview and got it, but lmao its a 7 year course, so I placed it in my really back preferences [Just to please my parents haha :p).

It totally looks like alot of us are heading into courses which don't require high UAIs.

Last edited:

jgeo2000

HSC
yeah i know thats why i'm giving the combined degree a go and if i dont like it i'll sit the UMAT next year and TRY and get in.... i hope i like the combined degree though cos i dont really want to be at uni for 7 years

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah totally...>< Good luck though for the UMAT, heading to prep courses are extremely useful, funnily enough, I find the UMAT to be much more easier and logical than the STAT tests.

Anyways, hope you do get into the combined degree!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
nik_noodle said:
good on you! DO what YOU want! In the long run, thats what matters
Agreed! Most of my "friends" are just infatuated with impressing others and making lots of moolah but I, on the other hand, are considering what I want to do and enjoy for the rest of my life, and I am not considering anything because of the possiblity that it may make my great auntie's doctor-son want to shake my hand with respect. Law is not my thing, and never has been, and why should a higher-than-expected UAI change that?

And, if I do end up hating the degree I have chosen, I guess I am up shit-creek.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
UAI: 99.35
Desired course(s):
UNSW arts/medicine - (entrance marks are quite variable. I think last years median was 99.7 but interview/UMAT scores count for a lot)
or
USyd adv. maths - 98.8 (alternatively I'd happily do science / advanced science since I'd be looking towards a major in mathematics + a major in immunology/physiology, perhaps a minor in philosophy)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Forgot to answer this topic I think (I posted something else);

Desired Course: UNSW B Comm (95.00 in 2005)
Actual UAI: 97.00

*fingers crossed*
Second preference: UTS B Business (90.15 in 2005)

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
Bachelor of Economics at USyd - last year, 90.15

I got 94.05, so it should be alright

kurupt8716

HSC
is there any chance of me missing my course ( b sci/ b comm at usyd) which was 93.3 last year if i got 97.9 ??????

Carnivour

HSC
Already got all my offers, see below. But I'm an international.

UAI: 98.55

ANU: Arts/Law (95.00)
UQ: Engineering (no idea about cutoff)
Adelaide: Combined Law; also Science/Commerce

So I have some decision making to do, but funnily enough I think I'm going to reject all the offers because I have a sudden urge to travel. Especially to France, where I might even go to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)