Urban Places Case Studies (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
Hey guys.

Are we only meant to have 2 case studies for the Urban places topic?

I have Sydney

And Kiama- my country town/suburb case study

Is that all we need?

For some reason i keep coming back to Mexico City...

So...i guess what im asking is that we only need 2 case studies for this topic?

We need a case study on "the results of the urban dynamics in a large city selected from the **developed** world". There is a list on your syllabus telling you the things they are investigating for that case study like social structure, patterns of advantage and disadvantage etc.

We do field work in "a case study showing one of the urban dynamics (listed above) operating in a country town or suburb".

However, we probably should have supporting examples and statistics for mega cities and world cities.

Timmay

HSC
yeah i'd make sure if theres a question on world cities or mega cities you've got stuff to back it up... like in mega cities you gotta talk about challenges of megacities, if you just write a bunch of crap about housing, traffic infrastructure, sanitation services, health issues, power and water supplies, employment (which is what the syllabus wants you to cover) you may not be showing "extensive" knowledge... i'd write some crap about how in "mumbai" the housing situation is a challenge because of the massive squatter settlements that arent plugged into the power, water or sewage grids or whatever (very general example but naming a place is better than nothing)

anyways, as to "case studies" yeah you just gotta do the city (usually sydney) and a suburb (and only 1 urban dynamic for the suburb)

*Erika*

HSC
yeah, you need case studies for those two areas you said, but you need 'illustrative examples' for the other areas...like timmay said, just to show your understanding and meet the marking criteria..

dezzy

HSC
yup!

Awsome! it's all under control!

i used illustrative examples in my trial and i got 20/20 for that essay on urban places...i was stoked! they really do make a huge difference in the marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)