Urgant help needed on my PIP! (1 Viewer)

darkmoondancer

HSC
Hey every one :) ,

Im looking for some help with my PIP, since my teacher seems not to take any notice of me or any interest in how well I do, Im pretty much on my own. My topic is the process of recovery from anorexia, and while I know easting disorders are a very popular PIP topic, my teacher said at the end of last year it was ok since I changed the focus to the recovery process. Ive done a fair amount of research and such, just now that Im sitting down to start writing it, Im realising that Ive gone too broad, and I dont know how to refine it to something that will get good marks.

My aim has so far been 'To determine whether full recovery from Anorexia Nervousa is possible'. Im thinking of adding something like 'in modern society', but then that throws out most of my research and chapter plans.

My research methodologies so far have been: questionnaire, content anaylsis on both interent sites and documentries, participant observation, and two interviews.

My cross cultural perspective is the 'ballet world' and how it adds extra difficulties to the recovery process.

My chapter plan looks like this (though in a lot ore detail than Im typing up here):
Chapter one: the causes of anorexia and co-occuring mental health problems
Chapter two: the recovery process, whats involved
Chapter three: factors that make recovery difficult
Chapter four: the cross cultural perspective

I dont know how much you can help me from this information, but any words of advice, anything you can see to help me improve this would be greatly appreciated. My school teacher just says thats it looks good, but I know its weak at the moment, and I want it to be as strong as possible, becuase its such a big part of the HSC. I cant change topics, and I didnt realise this was so popular until it was too late.

Please help, Im starting to loose sleep over this!

Thank you for reading, please help if you can.

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
causes of anorexia? recovery process?
we learnt all that stuff in year 10 pdhpe
to be blunt, sounds like it should be a health investigation rather than a pip

rollipop

Shmeh. Shmeeeeeh.
HSC
To be blunter, its a project that's been done to death and unless you hit it at the right angle with a new spin, things arent looking good. plus, the person above me is right. that's not a PIP, it's a PD project.

polinaaa

HSC
your cross cultural should be integrated not put into one chapter

Andrea-7

HSC
ummm, i am not too sure what type of advice you are after, but honestly, i sufffered annorexia when i 13/14/15 & i am a dancer (ballet plus other styles), im now 18, doing my own PIP, so maybe i can help you if you still need any more info...i sympathyse with u over the agynoy of the PIP so i am more than willing to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)