Urgent about dropping subjects for hsc!!!! (1 Viewer)

jennifxer

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,
I have a dilemma where I've been thinking over the past few months whether I should drop Extension 1 Maths or not? I'm currently in Year 11 and right now I have 12 units. However, 1 unit of mine is automatically going to be dropped because that's just how my school does it with SLRS so I'll only have 11 units next year. My current rank in 2 unit is 50/124 and my rank in 3 unit is 74/78. Is it safe to have 10 units for HSC if I drop Extenstion 1 Maths or should I just keep it to be safe. Also, I strongly believe that my Extension 1 marks are not going to count to my atar if I do keep it. My other subjects are Advanced English, Biology, Chemistry, Business Studies! Also I have seeked advice from my year advisor and she told me to talk to my maths teacher about it but I'm 100% sure that my maths teacher will tell me to drop down to 2 unit. Please help, I would love to hear everyone's opinions on this decision!!!!
Thank you :)

Flop21

HSC
What do you think you'll do in uni?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thinking of doing engineering/or finance? Then definitely keep it.

photastic

HSC
Thinking of doing engineering/or finance? Then definitely keep it.
Definitely extension 1 is helpful for engineering but not for finance, well depends on the uni. I had a friend who didn't do extension 1 but self taught himself and he did an engineering subject, coped fine but he definitely said extension 1 was beneficial.

jennifxer

HSC
N/A
Not 100% sure yet but either Speech Pathology or Media and Social courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)