Urgent: Accg251 Vs Accg250 Webct (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Who ever's doing those two subjects pls come in now, i hav a few question about the two courses.

For ACCG251, which lecturer did you had? ( I was away, so I have no idea about it)

So far, I downloaded ACCG251 WebCT ilecture, it turned out to be Yvotte Blounc to be the lecturer, but she's full on talking about ACCG250. Even the WebCT shows both ACCG251 and 250 wk1's notes.

What I found strange is that in her ilecture, she said something about online discussion, which I definitely CANNOT found in ACCG251 WebCT.

So, Whoever attended ACCG251 lecture, is there only two pages (lecture outline and Lecture 1 why study IS?) and an unit outline that were handed out?
Also, If anyone can tell me the words on the missing spaces.

Heaps thx!!!

ReaveR

HSC
Well, I do 250.

All I know is that it used to be MYOB and now they've changed to QuickBooks because the student edition of MYOB is insufficient .. which pretty much removes the distinction between 250 and 251 I think.

I wasn't really paying attention but there didn't seem to be many lecture notes .. mostly the slides were about unit outline and whatnot.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Thx. U know whether it's true that 251 is not under the double failure rule??? There's heaps of SIBTs in this course.
But yeh, 250, your Quickbook assignment is due soon :p

ReaveR

HSC
Yeah, 251 isn't listed under the two fail rule. It's made me curious as to what the difference between them is.

And yeah, QuickBooks.. next week :(

Under Bachelor Degree Rules 14(4);

“A student who commenced candidature after 1 January 2005 for the Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting degree or for a combined degree award or double degree award including the Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting degree, who has failed to complete ACCG200, ACCG201, ACCG250, or ACCG253 after having been enrolled therein twice is excluded from the Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting degree or the combined degree award or the double degree award including the Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting degree.”

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
They teach slightly a bit different, chapters?

Since most SIBTs are in this course, will that mean they will mark it harder?
Usually, when a new course starts, do they always have a high failure rate?

ReaveR

HSC
I would think that in most new courses, the higher failure rate could be attributed to new textbook and new lecturer (not really inexperienced lecturer, but they've never taught the course before so..?). But since 251 is similar to 250 there shouldn't be any problems.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Hope not (fingers crossed :p)
Wat I found from the textbook is that the case study was from ISYS123's tute :p LOL

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
I think go for the ACCG250 one.. im not sure but check.. i think if u are doing the advanced ACCG250 (is a 300 level), u need accg250 as pre-req. But then again.. im sure there isnt much diff b/w 251 and 250 if u are not doing nething more of the 300 level accounting system design ones..

Also tho, if u are doing Professional accounting, ie doing CA or CPA after u graduate, u HAVE to do ACCG250 then coz from the CA pre-req list, ACCG250 is in there but not 251...

so see if u r doing account major or doing sumthing else..
hope that helps

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
coz 251 is new, so i 'm not sure if the CA will update their course pre-req or not. But both should count towards my major. And they are exactly (probably a slight difference) the same. I doubt they wont allow this to be included in an accounting degree.

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
yeh.. true.. just have to check the CA list if they are updating 251 on top... but in another sense. better be safe than sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)