Urgent advice on subject selections (1 Viewer)

Jigmey

HSC
Would you recommend doing English Adv, Maths Adv, Business services, Economics and Business studies? I'm just afraid of my two semi low scaling subjects which are Business studies and Business services, but I've been told my careers advisor that scaling isn't important if you do well in a subject. I also believe that because Business studies and services are semi easy, I can achieve a higher mark than in other high scaling subjects which would result in a higher atar.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Would you recommend doing English Adv, Maths Adv, Business services, Economics and Business studies? I'm just afraid of my two semi low scaling subjects which are Business studies and Business services, but I've been told my careers advisor that scaling isn't important if you do well in a subject. I also believe that because Business studies and services are semi easy, I can achieve a higher mark than in other high scaling subjects which would result in a higher atar.
Other than the atar, think what course do you want to do in uni. The subjects you use choose and their link to your potential future career is more important than the scaling

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Just adding onto that no subject combination is like recommended. Everything you choose just needs to depend on that future uni degree goal and what are your strengths. For example someone who wants to do medicine they should be doing biology chemistry subjects while someone who wants to do economics at uni should be doing the humanities subjects

Jigmey

HSC
Just adding onto that no subject combination is like recommended. Everything you choose just needs to depend on that future uni degree goal and what are your strengths. For example someone who wants to do medicine they should be doing biology chemistry subjects while someone who wants to do economics at uni should be doing the humanities subjects
I would like to do economics in UNI.

BiancaBE

HSC
Honestly I don't think you should do business services,

Stick with bstd and economics and maybe something else you enjoy

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes then the subjects you are doing are relevant to that and should be fine. Just make sure you keep maths advanced and don’t drop general as I am pretty sure on most economics courses you have maths advanced as a pre requisite

Jigmey

HSC
SAME SUBJECT MARK, Economics mark 91 = Atar 94.50
Same SUBJECT MARK AS ABOVE, Business services 91 = 93.40

There isn't a significant difference, also you'd be able to get a higher mark in business services due to it being easier.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What is your atar goal? Or the atar that you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)