urgent asap how would the 4 marks here be distributed (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
1 mark for the increasing chain length resulting in higher BP
1 mark for relationship between IMFs and higher BP
2 marks for comparing the IMFs and bonding for the different functional groups and explaining the reasoning why it affects BP

Which paper is this from? I'd like to try out that question myself :)

ekjchale#1

HSC
1 mark for the increasing chain length resulting in higher BP
1 mark for relationship between IMFs and higher BP
2 marks for comparing the IMFs and bonding for the different functional groups and explaining the reasoning why it affects BP

Which paper is this from? I'd like to try out that question myself :)
thanks, but sos i dont exactly know the paper cuz i got sent the q myself

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@may22 you may be interested in a similar question that was part of a past trial paper. I am specifically referring to Question 31 from the 2019 Hornsby Girls High School Chemistry trial exam. :)

The question is as follows:

The boiling points of six carboxylic acids and their related primary amines are listed in the table below.

1652611905333.png

(a) On the graph below, label the horizontal axis "Number of carbon atoms" and the vertical axis "Boiling point (°C). Plot a line of best fit for the carboxylic acids a separate distinct line of best fit for the amines onto this graph. (4 marks)
A grid is included on the actual paper.

(b) Explain the trends that are evident in these graphs. (3 marks)

may22

HSC
@may22 you may be interested in a similar question that was part of a past trial paper. I am specifically referring to Question 31 from the 2019 Hornsby Girls High School Chemistry trial exam. :)

The question is as follows:

The boiling points of six carboxylic acids and their related primary amines are listed in the table below.

View attachment 35607

(a) On the graph below, label the horizontal axis "Number of carbon atoms" and the vertical axis "Boiling point (°C). Plot a line of best fit for the carboxylic acids a separate distinct line of best fit for the amines onto this graph. (4 marks)
A grid is included on the actual paper.

(b) Explain the trends that are evident in these graphs. (3 marks)
Thanks Jimmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)