URGENT!can i write deposit instead of preciptate? (1 Viewer)

nesta102

URGENT!can i write deposit instead of preciptate? 3 marks , iam worried about this.

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Depends. Did you just write deposit or was it in a sentence explaining what it was?

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Depends on their criteria. When I see deposit I seem to think that it has to deposit on something like in galvanic cells and such. 50/50 chance of getting the mark I'd say

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Not sure, like I said it's dependant on their criterior. Even if it specifies that you need to use ppt you might get 1 mark for the 2 of them if they know that you know what you're talking about, but even that's not certain...

sub

u shouldn't lose 3 marks, but it depends...if its the ion question, then u might get correct from previous error, and only lose one...if its from some place else...it depends on criteria

nesta102

what i am talking about is ( observation ) one, it just said observation , so i just wrote white deposit , yellow deposit, and white deposit, maybe because of the anxinousness and time limit, i didn't write more and i have been in australia for 1 year and a half, i am very concern with it, coz i think i ve lost 7 marks ( shipswrecks ) one

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Don't worry about it, you'll at least get a few marks for it and there's nothing you can do now so there isn't any point stressing about it :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
deposit sounds a little vague. you might have needed to say a solid or something. since it is an observation though i think youll be fine unless the markers are ruthless and irrational.

Circles

HSC
should be alright... its an observation.. in reality they look like the same thing :)

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Yea, but they could also argue that in reality they aren't the same thing.

xeriphic

lol in the trials, the same thing happened to me though in the opposite way, it was a reactive metal in a electrolytic solution of a weaker metal and what was the expected observation, I wrote precipitate formed on the bottom of the container, through it should be deposit formed which made me lose a mark, so yes depends on the marker

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
VVoody, could you please possibly change your sig. i am getting dizzy and distracted by your sig when i'm trying to read the posts. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)