[URGENT] Extension 2 in Year 12? (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
Hey!

So I'm in my second term of year 11 and I really love English! I always wanted to do extension 2 English (current subjects: bio, phys, eco, both ext) and my school is making me do an audition(?) piece where I have to do a 3000-word major work due around 20 September

I asked my tutor and he just said, "What do you want to introduce to English? What will make your text stand out?"

I wanted to do something on ethnic feminism (most likely Indian!) or a psychological/philosophical. I'm generally better at analytical but I'm not sure how to start. I need to start ASAP in order to finish before prelims!

How do I know what to write on? What should I do? How should I approach it?

Any help would be appreciated <3

ahri

HSC
If you're generally better at analytical, then you should stick to it! Since this is a mock major work, look at the typical forms associated with major works, and in your case, that would most similarly resemble a critical response. Go through the requirements of a critical response and try to emulate the structure of one but shorter, which will be a pretty good guide. Highly recommend https://english-ext-2.tumblr.com/ because they have a lot of great resources for Ext 2 Eng which will help you get started!

Since this is only a mock, I wouldn't stress too much (my school made us do a portfolio of our work to try out for Ext 2 but basically everyone got accepted if they submitted it, it's more like a test to see how dedicated you are and time management).

Good luck with it, PM me if you have any more specific questions about eng ext 2! : ))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)