Urgent First Timer...Advanced English =) (1 Viewer)

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
Hey =)
With Module C:Telling The Truth, how many episodes of Frontline do we need to use in our essays? I know we have to use two of our related texts but I'm not sure about Frontline itself.
Also with Module B:Critical Study of Texts, our class is doing King Lear and I'm not too sure about the interpretations. I know I'm doing Marxist and I have critics, productions and characterisations, but can we just use one interpretation and not worry about any others?
Module A I think I'm okay with, but any tips for Advanced English would be fantastic.
This site is really good by the way...love it.
Comments welcome ASAP.
=D

lilster

nearly there
HSC
original123 said:
Hey =)
With Module C:Telling The Truth, how many episodes of Frontline do we need to use in our essays? I know we have to use two of our related texts but I'm not sure about Frontline itself.
Also with Module B:Critical Study of Texts, our class is doing King Lear and I'm not too sure about the interpretations. I know I'm doing Marxist and I have critics, productions and characterisations, but can we just use one interpretation and not worry about any others?
Module A I think I'm okay with, but any tips for Advanced English would be fantastic.
This site is really good by the way...love it.
Comments welcome ASAP.
=D
with module C - you should know all the episode bcos they can ask you to write about any of them, but most of the time they leave the choice up to u, would be good to have 2 or 3 i think.
module B - i did king lear too nd im doing feminist reading. the important thing is the productions but you have to always refer back to the original play as in the book not the productions.

with english, should revisit your core texts so you know them well nd jst practise all different types of essays nd get ur teacher to mark them nd make comments.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Module B = It's best to have two interpretations of Lear as you can compare and contrast, which would better your chances of creating a well written and structured essay. Make sure to always discuss each text equally and i'd suggest to make sure you clearly show your understanding of Shakespeare's King Lear, not just the interpretations.

Module C = With Frontline, you should have two episodes considering you have two self selected texts. In your essay, you could structure it like so-

Intro

So here you would relate one frontline ep to one of your self selected texts - Compare & contrast/ similarities

Frontline Episode 1
Self selected text 1

The same for the next two

Frontline Episode 2
Self selected text 2

Conclusion

Make sure to link each paragraph and the texts as this will allow your essay to flow smoothly.

Hope this helped.

Study hard and practice past papers - working in test conditions should gurantee great results. All the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)