urgent germany essay help! (1 Viewer)

RG11

HSC
I looked at the 2008 Germany option 1 question : Account for the successes and failures of democracy in Germany in the period 1918 to 1933 (but for my school exam we are only being examined up to 1919 so i need only to 1929.

i need to know how to answer this, i looked at the marking notes but its confusing... heres the comments from the marking notes

"Better responses accounted for both the successes and failures of democracy within the
Weimar period. Economic, social and political factors were discussed in relation to the impact
of the Armistice and Versailles Treaty, the problems with the constitution, the Streseman era
and the impact of the Great Depression on support for democratic ideals."

so how exactly would you answer this question? for the success paragraph would you just talk about the stressman era? and then for the failures paragraphs talk about flaws in constitution, hitlers/nazi party rise, social political issues, Treaty of Versailles?

and what would you say in intro and conclusion? would it be something just like the a variety of factors contributed to the success and failure of democracy in germany.... the stressman era contributed to the sucess while other factors such as constitutional issues......then hence the successes and failures of democracy were due to a number of reasons

thanks in advance would be extremely grateful for any help

enoilgam

HSC
This is a bit of an odd question, but I would probably set it out like this:

Intro: The period from 1919 - 1929 saw German democracy fail in many areas. However, there were some successes.
Para One: Economic mismanagement
Para Two: Weaknesses in the democratic system (article 48 and proportional representation)
Para Three: Failure to gain acceptance amongst German society/establishment
Para Four: The Stressman years.
Conclusion

If it was me writing this essay, I'd say that German Democracy was a total failure. I'd argue that the Stressman years appeared good on the surface, but in reality they just disguised much larger problems which eventually destroyed the republic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)