Urgent Help Needed before Monday 22nd (1 Viewer)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I have completed most of my reasearch on Pasteur and Koch but I am having trouble on the following question.

Analyse the ways in which P&K theories and experiments on infectious diseases were validated.

For Pasteur I found information on Joseph Lister who used Pasteurs germ theory of disesae as an impetus to create the first antiseptic that is used in modern day hospitals and in surgery.

For Koch I managed to locate a website [www.mnwelldir.org/docs/cancer1/rife.htm] on a scientist named Roy Rife who discovered through Kochs Theorem (postulates) a virus that caused cancer.

Is this information relevant to the above question. If anyone has any useful information please post it up, its is of much help to me and I appreciate your kindness.

Thankyou in advance.:wave: :)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Okay sorry I was in a hurry typing up the thread.

Thanks for the clear-up anyways.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog89 said:
Analyse the ways in which P&K theories and experiments on infectious diseases were validated.
Isn't the validation of an experiment related to its experimental method such as how accurate were the results, was there repetition? Was their a control? etc

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Repitition relates to accuracy not vaildity. Validity is how well did their experiments answer their aim.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog89 said:
Repitition relates to accuracy not vaildity. Validity is how well did their experiments answer their aim.
Thankyou :)
that might help me in my exam on tuesday

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Are the resources I used relavant to the question that has been asked.

Any suggestions for further resources would be of great help.

Thanks for the advice anyway. Please reply ASAP :)

shamila

HSC
hey everyone i have trouble too in this asessment just a few comments on how too? and info

thanx in advance
the asessment is:
outline the way in which vaccinations prevent infections and discuss the effectiveness of vaccination programs in preventing the spread and occurance of once common diseases, includind small pox, diphtheria and polio

thanxxx

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
We havent covered that dot-point

Help needed please.........

H

housemouse

lilsxcwog89 said:
That statement is just wrong.
Repetition does not relate to accuracy.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
then what does it relate to. explain yourself before you assert something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)