!!!!urgent help needed on moving schools (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Never mind :)
Your probably not wrong when talking about the nature of private schools though.

I used to go to a private school and talked to students from many private schools when I was there and quite frankly more of the students from private schools seem a lot more arrogant than a public school, like they’re sort of full of themselves.

I would still pick a top selective over grammar.

beetree1

HSC
Your probably not wrong when talking about the nature of private schools though.

I used to go to a private school and talked to students from many private schools when I was there and quite frankly more of the students from private schools seem a lot more arrogant than a public school, like they’re sort of full of themselves.

damnnn

tito981

HSC
I went to a private school before going to a selective school. My old school wasn’t that good academically, however, the working environment was a lot better at my old school. it was just lifestyle things like good desks, chairs, working space and so on. the only benefit of going to a top selective school compared to a top private school that i can think of is the academic pressure/encouragement that you receive at a selective school. This is mostly to do with the fact not all the kids at private school have to work their asses as pressure from their families/friends.

idkkdi

HSC

you've gotta be kidding if you think there aren't plenty of people full of themselves in top selective. perhaps not so much boasting about their family. but definitely themselves.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
you've gotta be kidding if you think there aren't plenty of people full of themselves in top selective. perhaps not so much boasting about their family. but definitely themselves.
Usually people there boast about their school and how better it is or how they're superior. However with private schools I've found it to be a generally worse culture with the few private schools I've seen and these aren't low ranked schools. Especially in the way they treat other people.

idkkdi

HSC
Usually people there boast about their school and how better it is or how they're superior. However with private schools I've found it to be a generally worse culture with the few private schools I've seen and these aren't low ranked schools. Especially in the way they treat other people.
e.g.? (treating other people)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
e.g.? (treating other people)
Well for example.

Many experiences from schools include racism as the number one factor.

Selective schools tend to be a lot more diverse with East Asians, South Asians, some Caucasians etc and culturally more accepting. Although I have no statistics for this so I'm just speaking from personal experience and those of my friends. So I cannot strongly confirm nor deny these observations. It's obviously an insignificant proportion. It is just what I've seen..

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Well for example.

Many experiences from schools include racism as the number one factor.

Selective schools tend to be a lot more diverse with East Asians, South Asians, some Caucasians etc and culturally more accepting. Although I have no statistics for this so I'm just speaking from personal experience and those of my friends. So I cannot strongly confirm nor deny these observations. It's obviously an insignificant proportion. It is just what I've seen..
fair enough. sounds legit

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
fair enough. sounds legit
I mean I can sense ya sarcasm, but that is why I said at the start "that is why your probably right."

I never said I'm certain but there's a decent probability since it matches up with what I've seen.

idkkdi

HSC
I mean I can sense ya sarcasm, but that is why I said at the start "that is why your probably right."

I never said I'm certain but there's a decent probability since it matches up with what I've seen.
There wasn't sarcasm bruh. ... I'm not joking bro, there was literally no sarcasm.

vishnay

God
HSC
Why? (besides the rank)
Smarter people = more competitive environment = more motivation to study = more studying = doing better in exams = more people doing well in exams = better learning environment = not having to worry about doing too bad because you can depend on your grade to not drag you down but pull you up

vishnay

God
HSC
Why? (besides the rank)
The rank is literally so important. Think about why people thrive to get into higher-ranking schools and why these schools are high ranking in the first place. It's all a cycle. Smarter kids go to higher-ranking schools and this fosters a competitive environment.

Jes03

HSC
Wow! Hi everyone, I'm from QLD. Does all this stuff really go on in all these private or selective or grammar schools in NSW? I go to an ordinary public school in Redlands which is about 30 mins from the Brisbane CBD and I have had a wonderful experience at my school. Please explain more...

idkkdi

HSC
Wow! Hi everyone, I'm from QLD. Does all this stuff really go on in all these private or selective or grammar schools in NSW? I go to an ordinary public school in Redlands which is about 30 mins from the Brisbane CBD and I have had a wonderful experience at my school. Please explain more...
qld life is slower, so you have calmer tendencies. there's also less money and competition in qld. money + competition = ego.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
There’s a LOT more competition over here in NSW. We’re the most academically inclined state as seen by the fact that we have most of the selective schools in the country, so a lot of us tend to get really competitive.

You know the good old saying if you got it flaunt it. People take it to heart and really flaunt their schools and unis over here.

Jes03

HSC
qld life is slower, so you have calmer tendencies. there's also less money and competition in qld. money + competition = ego.
I guess that's true to an extent about QLD being calmer but people here can still get edgy during exam time. Compared to other states, they definitely have more competitive universities. However, if you're a student looking to stay and study in the state, entry into UQ is quite competitive, especially if its the more challenging or naturally competitive courses like medicine or law.

Jes03

HSC
There’s a LOT more competition over here in NSW. We’re the most academically inclined state as seen by the fact that we have most of the selective schools in the country, so a lot of us tend to get really competitive.

You know the good old saying if you got it flaunt it. People really flaunt their schools and unis over here haha.
Interesting. I mean at least they have a reason to flaunt their schools. It does go on here too. Especially some of the private and selective schools. Students think that just by going to a private school, they are special in some way. Well, when we're in uni, what high school you went to doesn't really matter anymore lol

idkkdi

HSC
Interesting. I mean at least they have a reason to flaunt their schools. It does go on here too. Especially some of the private and selective schools. Students think that just by going to a private school, they are special in some way. Well, when we're in uni, what high school you went to doesn't really matter anymore lol
it doesn't help that we have 10,000+ students taking selective school exams in yr 6 for entrance lol. Sometimes when you're placing in the top 200 in the state just to get into a school, you have a huge ego.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)