urgent help needed! please!!! (1 Viewer)

fuggu1

HSC
hey guys, im doing Napoleon for my major but today, i found out that Napoleon is an option for the history ext course which was awkward...
so can i still do him for my major by researching his theories on militarism or should i just change my question entirely, and if so... can someone give me suggestions?
would be appreciated! THANKS!

zxreth

HSC
wow, didn't your teacher check your proposal properly? i reckon the best thing to do is ask your teacher seriously, they have knowledge about the whole subject so they can tell you whether your topic overlaps with the extension course too significantly, also if you can continue with Napoleon or not. I would think that maybe its a tad too late to change topics by now though :S goodluck with it all!

fuggu1

HSC
yeah, i was kinda shocked to find out it WAS an option... but my teacher says to look at his philosophies or theories about fighting like strategies and tactics?? :S so i am kinda confused if i should go ahead or not? but im considering King Arthur? i mean he's not in the ext syllabus but im not sure if he's in ancient? since i dont do ancient?
would you know if king arthur is taught in ancient?

zxreth

HSC
i don't do ancient either, but im pretty sure it isnt in the ancient syllabus, because i've heard of people doing their major on him before. Just go with what you'd be interested in more i guess.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
You can go ahead with Napoleon, just make sure you don't significantly overlap your major work with content covered in the syllabus. If you're teacher has looked at it and gave it the go ahead its fine - remember the major work it marked internally by your teacher, so their advice is always the best advice (in most cases). If you are extremely worried, you can change your topic. I do ancient History, and King Arthur is definitely not an option at all the Ancient Syllabus (King Arthur, originating more so from a Medieval Time Period rather than Ancient Time Period anyway). And yes, King Arthur has been done numerous times in the past by History extension students, as there is just so much controversy with Historians about his life, his achievements, his ideas, his origins, etc, etc. n_n There's more than likely some past major works in the resource section of this site if you want some more inspiration, or even if you look at some old HTA article publishments they usually publish some great Extension Projects in their magazine, there's a link to their article database I'll go find it after I post this (though, some articles to cost money to order and purchase).

The only issue I see with changing your topic, is the time restriction you're leaving yourself to. My school's projects are due at the start of next term, so that leaves you roughly with a term do complete the major (if your school sticks to this criteria), though I do know people have completed the major work days before the due date and have scored good marks for it (though I personally wouldn't leave it to this stage!). I know quite a few people who are on the final processes of their major works and are onto completion.

So it's really up to. Again, talk it over with your teacher, talk with them about maybe changing topics, and see what their opinion on it is. I don't see too much of an issue with you doing your Major Work on Napoleon as you can take on a completely different approach to your major rather than follow in line with the Extension syllabus (so the areas your teacher mentioned would be great!). But really it's up to you, either option isn't too horrible, as long as you're a hard worker and are determined to get it done. And also, that you don't procrastinate or buckle under stress! If you do, try and get this done as soon as possible.

Remember, with the project being internally marked the best advice is your teachers, so always consult them with any issues or problems you may be having with the project.

fuggu1

HSC
ahh thanks for the info but i asked my teacher if i could do king arthur today and its allowed so its all good, should be easy to do i guess since there are sooo many different representations of him :D

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
ahh thanks for the info but i asked my teacher if i could do king arthur today and its allowed so its all good, should be easy to do i guess since there are sooo many different representations of him :D
Glad you got it all sorted out! Now NO more stressing or panicking! :) Good Luck with the project, and do give us a shout if there is anything else you might need help with. n_n

PS. Remember start working hard now to get it out of the way before those dreaded Trials come tumbling from the distance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)