urgent help needed >.<; (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hi, i've got offers from unsw (b psychology) and macquni (b arts-psychology/b law).
which uni's got better reputation on psychology?
do you think that its better for me to have a back up (cuz i heard that entry into 4th year is really really competitive and that if i come out as undergrad, i cant get a decent job), like that double degree one @ macq uni? or would doing double degree in such demanding degrees kill me?
do you think that i'll find those degrees seriously difficult because im an international student? (i got mid band 5 in standard english but i have no idea how difficult these courses are going to be)
sorry for long questions, but i seriously need other poeple's opinions on this.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
1. Realisticaly rep should not matter, as long as the course is approved by the APS etc for membership. As far as I know within the Psych department the university you go to isnt as important as in the economic/law fields. It also depends on what you plan on doing with your psych degree, I've heard both Mac and UNSW are heavily researched focused.
- Out of the two though both a good for psych and are apparently better than USYD.
2. Its always good to have a back up, but usually with the B Psych if you keep up the GPA they are looking for you should have no problems getting into 4th year.
3. Double degrees are good options, if you are interesting and want to go into both areas. They also usually add a far chunk of time to your time at uni. Plus with the law ones correct me if i'm wrong are more focued on Law and not psych?
4. These degrees shouldnt be difficult because your an international student and even if you do find difficulities most university have student services which offer extra help.

Hope this helps. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think the question for you, really, is whether you want to do Law or not. Is law something you are interested in? If not, stick with the single Psychology degree at UNSW.

As to entry into 4th year - that's a long way away and you only have to perform reasonable well to get a place as long as you don't fail and do well in your assessments you should be fine.

As to reputation, both uni are equally good.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Double degrees don't mean u do more subjects at the same time, you have the same study load as everyone else (usually 4 subjects) but over 5 years. Law is a bit difficult but as long as your English is good, you are interested in it and work hard you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)