Urgent Help Needed!!! (1 Viewer)

bennyboy249

HSC
Hey,

i need some help. i'm doing a viva voce on an instrument and it's reportoir, which is the Piano. I did pretty well in my last viva, which was on Igor Stravinsky (ahhh!)...i got 95%...(just like to brag, lol!)

I just found as many musical terms on manuscript (which i had put onto overheads) and described them. BUT i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do for my viva on the piano...any thoughts anyone???

I'll be checking back asap...so anyone, feel free to reply OR (preferrably) give me an email at bennyboy249@hotmail.com

Thanx

Ben, year 12 (first term)

A_C_E

HSC
Hay ben,
i think i found my topic im doing scat singing and stuf like that should be good just wish i could find some more infomation any way good luck

Im not getting 3rd again

( u know who i am ) :p

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Phanatical said:
"The Piano" is a bit broad a topic, isn't it?
i agree with phanatical....do something a bit more specific, like piano and its role in the music of BLAH or the piano and its role as an instrument for the BLAH style.
That would go down better.
PS *BLAH* does not refer to composer nor style :D

bennyboy249

HSC
Hey

Hey
Yeah, i was asking for help for a particular topic...i know that 'The Piano' is an emourmous topic...i have no idea what to do as a topic for my viva... I was heading down say Ragtime maybe? as it is strictly piano music...i was guessing that i couldn't really go wrong. soooo yer...thanx anyways

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Viva Voces are for the Music 1 course. Whilst they are scary, they are actually not as bad because you set the questions you are going to be asked and the examiners ask you the same questions or slightly reworded questions and you already know the answers and you have your excerpts already done on a CD or whatever to back up what you have to say.

Its like a verbal short answer exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)