URGENT HELP PLS!! YR12 UBJECT SELECTION (1 Viewer)

cherrycoucou

HSC
I have no idea what subjects to drop/keep for year 12 (grad2021).

My year 11 subjects (and grades) were:
  • Drama (A)
  • CAFS (A)
  • English Adv (A)
  • English Ext (B)
  • Business (A)
  • Legal (A)
  • SOR1 (A) [note: this is compulsory at my school *sigh*]
I did the worst in Ext so common instinct says to drop that... but I really really really love creative writing and my teachers suggested I do English Ext 2 which I really want to do.

I am thinking of dropping drama as it involves off-timetable classes from 3.30pm-5.30pm every Thursday (eek!!) and a major work. BUT I am also good at drama and excel in all aspects of it.

My parents suggest to drop CAFS as it is a lower scaling subject, but I am ranked 1st in my grade so I don't think scaling will affect me; and for me it is an easy A.

So, my dilemma (and questions):
  1. Should I do 13 units so I can keep all subjects and pick up Ext2?
  2. Should I forget about doing Ext2 as Ext1 is my worst subject?
  3. Should I drop subjects that I excel at (ie. Drama + CAFS)?
  4. What from this list do you think I should drop?

c8

HSC
If possible I'd just keep all of your subjects for as long as you can. You may find the year 12 content of some subjects to be really boring and want to drop it later on so it's better not to drop as soon as you have the opportunity

beetree1

HSC
Just as c8 said ^^

I think you should do your first option "do 13 units so I can keep all subjects and pick up Ext2". Your preliminary results are in no way indicative of how well you do in the HSC - Hell not even your year 12 internal marks are indicative so why hold back? I have so many friends that are doing so well in Ext 1 and not that well in Adv, so how well you do in an extension subject is not indicative of how well you do in that subject either. Just work hard and you can make anything happen!

Just see how well you can handle 13 units in term 1 year 12 and hopefully it goes well! But I would recommend not dropping to 10 units until after Task 1 at least!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)