Urgent help with Pride & Prejudice (1 Viewer)

Aphrael_87

HSC
N/A
Ok, my friend has an essay on "pride and prejudice and how jane austen uses satire in it"

any help would be insanely appreciated and rewarded with cookies!! lol
Please!?

P

pLuvia

Aphrael_87 said:
Ok, my friend has an essay on "pride and prejudice and how jane austen uses satire in it"

any help would be insanely appreciated and rewarded with cookies!! lol
Please!?
wel i personally hated P&P but heres some points i picked out of it

- mrs bennet is a complete moron, only goal in life is to marry off all her daughters
- lydia is also a moron, her "fetish" for soldiers and their uniform
- jane austen shows how women were not in the social context they were meant to be in

umm.. well.. thats all i can think of lol.. hope that helps

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It has been a while since I've read P&P but from what I remember Austen was trying to reflect the flaws in the structure of society - the way she subtly linked Jane's forgiving/loving of Darcy with her realisation of his finances(there is a quote in there where she is looking at one of his gardens or manors I think and says something along the lines of - how could a man with such property be anything but purehearted?). There are also the less subtle things that she takes a poke at in the persons of Mrs. Bennet the eccentric mother, as well as Mary the self aggrandising sister and that inept cousin who courted Jane briefly. There is alot more, but I haven't read this book in quite a while so I can't really contribute any further sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)