URGENT HELP WITH with THESIS !! (1 Viewer)

Purplelollie

HSC
N/A
My first HSC english advanced task on discovery!

Discovery is a process shaped by many factors

To what extent is this true of the texts you have studied?

I need help on developing a thesis, which is what I've always been bad at ):

My prescribed text is Rosemary Dobson's poem and an unseen audio related text.

I've chosen The tiger and Young girl at a window by RM Dobson.

Can someone help me with the thesis or introduction paragraph in general, just so that I get the general Idea~

Thank You ::smile::smile::smile::smile:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Here are some ideas you could discuss in your thesis:

- As a process: is it gradual or is it abrupt? Why is it a process? Does it have to do with overcoming obstacles for enhancing growth in the individual?

- Shaped by many factors: what are these factors? Intrinsic, extrinsic or is it both.

That's a little snippet, but I suggest using the key words to help understand what the question is asking.

wishingstars

HSC
Here are some ideas you could discuss in your thesis:

- As a process: is it gradual or is it abrupt? Why is it a process? Does it have to do with overcoming obstacles for enhancing growth in the individual?

- Shaped by many factors: what are these factors? Intrinsic, extrinsic or is it both.

That's a little snippet, but I suggest using the key words to help understand what the question is asking.
^ I think this is already really great advice :D

But just adding on - the thesis is your main argument (what you're trying to convince your reader about) so when you hone in one factors, perhaps hone in on THREE or FOUR main factors. Remember, the actual HSC exam requires you to write an essay in 40 mins so you can't exactly write about let's say 7 or 8 factors even if you can think of ideas for all of them!

As for process, "teridax" pretty much nailed it :) Remember, for your thesis to be considered strong, you have to REALLY establish WHY it is a process as well as the nature for it (i.e. don't just mention it in the intro and think "oh that's it- I'm done". Weave it into all of your paragraphs and emphasise it especially in your conclusion.

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)