Urgent Help! (1 Viewer)

O

Omed62

Hey guys,

I have 45% assignments left ( which is one assignment left 15% and then Trials 30%), I have done already 65%, achieving 50% for each essay. I ranked 40/50 in the half Yearlies. I am in the state of crying all day and praying to god that I get a band 6 in English Advanced.

What exactly do I have to to do to get that Band band 6? Can I still get a band 6?

What if I ace my trials and next assignment and smash the HSC, would that be possible to get a band 6. Anyone got a band 6 in English Advanced being in my situation.

How do you you guys study for English Advanced, I am so lost and I am hoping that I find someone nice to help me out!

I do the following texts:

Belonging- Romulus My Father
Module A- FR/BR
Module B- Gwen Harwood
Module C- Julius Caesar

How exactly should I structure. write my essays to get a band 6. I am willing to give up my social time now, as long as I get a band 6.

I love to get into medicine, but English might bring my Atar Down. I do really well in Chemistry, biology, SOR 1u, Maths 2u, Maths Ext 1.

Anyone have notes/ Essays that could send me for my texts, thats I really really would be happy of you.

Please help me out, this is my final year to get a good Atar.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Help Urgently!

EXPLICIT REFERENCE TO THESIS THROUGHOUT!!!!

STRUCTURE PARAGRAPHS AS THEMATIC CONCERNS TO ENSURE COHESIVENESS!!!

- tips from my ex-tutor turned-UWS-success

D:

ali2536

HSC
Hey guys,

I have 45% assignments left ( which is one assignment left 15% and then Trials 30%), I have done already 65%, achieving 50% for each essay. I ranked 40/50 in the half Yearlies. I am in the state of crying all day and praying to god that I get a band 6 in English Advanced.

What exactly do I have to to do to get that Band band 6? Can I still get a band 6?

What if I ace my trials and next assignment and smash the HSC, would that be possible to get a band 6. Anyone got a band 6 in English Advanced being in my situation.

How do you you guys study for English Advanced, I am so lost and I am hoping that I find someone nice to help me out!

I do the following texts:

Belonging- Romulus My Father
Module A- FR/BR
Module B- Gwen Harwood
Module C- Julius Caesar

How exactly should I structure. write my essays to get a band 6. I am willing to give up my social time now, as long as I get a band 6.

I love to get into medicine, but English might bring my Atar Down. I do really well in Chemistry, biology, SOR 1u, Maths 2u, Maths Ext 1.

Anyone have notes/ Essays that could send me for my texts, thats I really really would be happy of you.

Please help me out, this is my final year to get a good Atar.
What is your current rank for Advanced English? It's not the most important thing to get a band 6.
But in saying that it requires a lot of effort and this is not really reflected in your results.
Its important to read your texts and do lots of practice essays for each of your modules and perhaps give them to your teacher to have a look and give you some feedback. Also it would be beneficial to do it under 'timed' conditions. For the subject I would just memorise my key ideas (not memorise the essay) and quotes to back up those ideas.
So for instance Julius Caesar:

Introduction
Body
Conflicting Idea 1-JC
Conflicting Idea 1-Related text

Conflicting Idea 2-JC
Conflicting Idea 2-Related text
....etc.
Conclusion

But you could structure it however you like. Its important that your essay flows, that you have techniques e.g. dramatic techniques, stage directions for Caesar. But most importantly you NEED to answer the question. A lot of the time, people lose marks because they write as much as they can on the essay from their head but they dont end up answering the question and this can happen a lot when they are strained for time.
Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)