Urgent HELP (1 Viewer)

AFGHAN22

HSC
Hey guys
i need some help urgently with a english advanced assessment due on monday on representations of youth and oral presentation. i have to devise a representtion of youth. A representation is a way to show and idea through, for example, the medium of graphics, film, photographs, games, role playing, words in envelopes and so on. Any help or comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated so plaease help me out guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUE ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
hello

Hey, I am in year 10 and I was thinking about doing Extention English next year and wondering about the level of difficulty in it.
So what do you recommend I do? Also, is Extention Maths hard - as in would the workload be too dear if I choose both extention subjects?
Please help. :)

AFGHAN22

HSC
Hey
Extension english is definetely quite difficult and if u really want to do it u should enjoy reading complex novels and texts as well as being able to create well structured responses. However, once u master these, extension is quite enjoyable and it can be beneficial to ur english advanced (the 2 unit course).
Extension maths isn't really hard, if u do hundreds of examples and if u have a really good understanding of year 10 and year 11 2 unit maths. Of course, there are some aspects which are quite diffiult, but nothing impossible. getting a tutor will really maimise ur results! It is not as dificult as people make it out to be. Doing BOTH extension english and extension maths will be a huge workload if u want to do well in both an it will take up half of ur couse time as they will make up 6 out of ur 12 unis. unless u really and genuinely enjoy both of them, then u should go for it. cause it will mean u have english and maths nearly every day. Don't pick subjects cause of the scaling, pik the ones which u enjoy. So i say, if u really enjoy BOTh english and Math do extension. Yr 11 isn't tooo important. Year 12 is the main year. If u find u r struggling or don't like them, u can always drop them as in year 12 only 10 units are required.

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
Okay, cool - thanks for your reply.
Now, one more question: How difficult is Chemistry, really? I mean EVERYONE says it like "so difficult" so is it really? Is it similar to that work of in year 10 chemistry, or is year 10 chemistry, like, really basic work? Is Chemistry a lot harder than year 10? I really would like to know, because people are telling me it is really hard - and I'm not sure whether I could cope or not. Think I should drop down to Biology?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
:amisha:

PS: Did you finish your assessment?

Last edited:

AFGHAN22

HSC
Okay…chemistry is not as difficult as people make it out to be. It is without a doubt higher scaling and more difficult than physics and biology but it is not really as difficult as extension maths. Year 10 chemistry is basic work BUT it provides the building blocks for year 11 chemistry. U should have a sound knowledge o all science from year 7 to 10 and chemistry should be a breeze. Buy the chemistry books from dymocks to help broaden ur understanding and provide u with a wider variety of questions. Chemistry I actually sorta connected with math as u will need to solve equations and that sort of thin. Chemistry is without doubt harder than year 10 chemistry and don’t let that give u indication of how u r gonna do next yr. Biology is actually the easiest and probably the most enjoyable of the sciences and u shouldn’t raelly find too many difficulties in bio. Personally during the whole of yr 10 I ha a pathetic, incompetent, and lethargic science teacher who provided me with no knowledge of chemistry so in year 11 I had to drop itt.
Btw I finished my assessment but at 2 thirty in the morning..lol.

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
cool

Thank you for your advice. :)
I think that I will do Chemistry over Biology next year, to challenge myself.

Look, there is this girl in my grade doing:
3U Maths
3U English
2U Chemistry
2U Biology and
2U Geography
Don't you think she'd get a bit stressed out? It is a dear workload isn't it? You should convince her to not choose Geography and only one Science.

Are you doing 2 extention subjects for the "scaling factor" in hope you would achieve a higher UAI?

Your vocabulary is building very well but I still think mine is better than yours. =D

amisha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)