Urgent Human Rights Issues (1 Viewer)

BikerChick

HSC
i have an exam on friday the 30th of March for this and i need to know 1 domestic human rights issue and 1 international... i got David Hicks as international but dont knwo wat to do for domestic

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED

Dark Phoenix

HSC
On a domestic level the lack of genuine reconciliation with the indigenous peoples – coupled with the many health, economic, social and political disadvantages that indigenous peoples suffer – makes it clear that Australia has a lot of work to do in terms of their human rights. Also there is the issue of people that are homeless, disabled and unemployed

Many statute and common law decisions will show the extent to which human rights are recognized and enforced in Australia. The evolving nature of the law means that as rights are recognized, parliament or courts will act upon them. The process might be slow, and this means that rights could be abused; judges tend to be wealthy, private school educated older men who would tend to understand the problems of their class (not for example poor, indigenous women). But the court system with its rights of appeal, means that the common law can still protect the rights of all.

BikerChick

HSC
thank u so much u like completely helped SAVE me for this exam today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)