URGENT!!! I&S Creative Writing help!!! (1 Viewer)

aileenli

HSC
For I&S, creative writing, is it compulsory to be one of the characters? or is it possible to be a totally fictional person? And how do we portray the paradigms without actually recounting the whole text from a different point of view???? arghhh i'm so confused!!

bessie

HSC
well we were told that we are supposed to be one of the characters from one of the prescribed texts, you dont need to name them but it should be clear. But thats only if they ask you for it.
And yeah im not to sure about paradigms, you dont recount the actual story, you could just reflect the chosen characters POV and mannerisims etc. im not really too sure.

JayJay07

HSC
You only have to take the role of one of your text's characters if the question demands it of you. Otherwise just do a creative piece of writing which demonstrates your understanding of how particular ways of thinking have shaped and are reflected in texts. It can be anything.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah if you adopt a character from your prescribed text for a question which does not specify this you could be marked down for originality.

even if the character you have adapted is still distinct from that of the text. the teachers at my school at least loved the unique stories which twisted simple characters into positions of conflict where they had to resolve external tension to dissolve internal tensions and allow the integration of individual into society ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)