Urgent!! it's due in two wks!! help plz (1 Viewer)

vcd0304

HSC
i'm soooooo screw!!! so much work!! my major work n portfolio is due in two wks.. like everyone else..:p

ok.. i'm doin my design inspiration for my portfolio now.. n there's this part "relevance to focus area".. well. .my MTP is a formal dress.. or almost a wedding dress.. it's bright red tho.. coz i'm tryin to put in this "east meet west" theme.. but.. the dress itself is just plain red... i wanna put my dress in "costume" but i dunno how to explain y i put it as "costume"... do i hav to make up some occasions ...like for example...a dress for some famous people ...??

thx heaps.. i really need some help...:(

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
breath ok for revelance if u wanna make it costume u just have to make up a situation like u said before but i can be just for a school formal or dinner where lets say there would be a large asain influence
or if u want to chose costume u can find some t.v shoe movie where the character would suit that dress and combone the both and add it to ur influences

did i help
and is it really due in two weeks SHIT i though three Dang

vcd0304

HSC
thx heaps!!! ok.. well.. i'll say some formal dinner.. theme "mix marriage"?? or maybe a fashion show with collection of "east meet west" theme..yeah?

nway. thx heaps~~ ur yr 12 too rite? which skool do u go to?

well.. my teacher made it early for us.. i've checked.. the actual date i think is 13th Aug... so. still got time.. i guess..:uhoh:

nat_88

<3
HSC
your dress could be put in costume if you say that its for a fancy dress ball or something. if its for a formal dinner/fashion show its really an apparel item.
theres nothing wrong with putting your dress under apparel instead of costume. if the markers dont see enough justification for you putting it under costume then that will cost you marks. Everything you say in your folio needs to be justified well and needs to make sense. if the marker cant put the dress with what your saying in the folio then you'll lose marks.

if u do decide to put your dress in costume then make sure you justify it PROPERLY. and make up the event (ie- fancy dress party)
the relevance to focus area is basically why you chose your focus area for this particular inspiration.

vcd0304

HSC
yeah.. tat's true..

mayb i will put it under apparell..

haven't started my portfolio!!!~~ i'm gonna die ...:bomb:

vcd0304

HSC
i'm just wondering.. is wedding dress apparell?? or costume??

nat_88

<3
HSC
its apparel.

in the area of apparel there is mens/womes/childrens/etc
a wedding dress would obiously be womens

then there is like all the streetwear/formalwear/specialoccasion/swimwear/etc
and the wedding dress would be special occasion

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
vcd0304 said:
i'm just wondering.. is wedding dress apparell?? or costume??

yeah i agree with wat nat_88 said
ill give you an example
for an example of costume my friend in my class is doing a dress for a character of the t.v show flam and / the movie flashdance. but she drawing her influences from the 80's
im doing apparell yet i am mmaking a cocktail dress for women drawing inspiration form the 18oo's romantic era and the contempory ideal of women behaving once in love.

after reading it makes no sense or revelance i just want to keep it theere casue it looks good!! hahah

vcd0304 im in yr 12 and go to strathfield girls wat skool do u go to !!!! and trust me ur on track i havent started my portfolio its ok !!! im gonna fail too

vcd0304

HSC
thx Nat _88.. yeah.. i've decided to put it in apparel too.. nothin to say if i put in costume.. as u said, it's bad if i can't justify it...

hahha.. thx Vogue.. i'm sure... i can ... understand.. :p well.. i'm pretty screw too.. trials in like 4 days.. n... i haven't study for a thing!! i'm gonna die...

I go to Pennant Hills, yr 12.. (obviously.. hah) n i do Arts too.. sooo two major works...!! not a gd idea... what other subjects do u do?

wat about u nat?

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
yeah i have tonnes of big projects to do to i chose the subjects which im screwed in i have 2 for drama, one for textiles and art i also had to do an irp for community and family studies!!
hmmm and not that i hav left it to the last minute is taking forever to do !!!!
wen do u ladies have ya trials?? mine is in one week!!!

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
OMG
ok im stressing here.
calm calm calm.
so have u guys already finished ur actual MTP prac theN? since u are.. well portfolio-ing, i have like an action plan next week starting monday arvo when trials are over to FINISH EVERYTHING ( n start the port) in order to hand it in successfully on monday = LATE NIGHTS N LACK OF SLEEP (since school'll b back 2 normal after trials omg...)

well gl y'all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)