(Urgent!) Last minute preference perplexity! (1 Viewer)

The Spectre

HSC
I received an offer in the early January round for the Bachelor of Science (Forensic Science) at UWS - which I accepted. However, I did not complete the online enrolment process therefore I am not bound to the University as far as I am aware.

However, being paranoid, many scenarios started to materialise in my mind. I'll cut to the chase. I moved the UWS course down to my second preference for the main round to see if I had a shot at one particular other course, which I received no offer to. I checked the cutoffs and I'd fallen short, which makes it fair enough. But I want to make sure that accepting the UWS offer and subsequently creating a myUWS account (and to reiterate, I did NOT enrol) does not have any implication for me receiving an offer in the next round - the early February round.

I've now moved UWS to my last preference, as I've changed my mind completely. There are still vacancies in the flexible science degree at UTS, and given all the fields of science I am passionate about, a cross disciplinary degree seems far more favourable than such a specific one. I already have the required ATAR and then some. So - is it possible for me to receive aforementioned offer and accept it without complications?

I'd appreciate a speedy reply as I must sort this out immediately. I am aware of just how late I've posted this...but this is what happens with a mind constantly engaging in mercurial changes.

Thank you in advance :uhhuh:

Postscript: I am aware of the FAQs on the UAC website. I just need to know if the creation of the myUWS account was a move further than acceptance.

Last edited:

Andi0390

HSC
As long as there are preferences above your UWS one then you will be considered for them.

You can even complete your enrollment process and still be considered. It doesn't make a difference as long as there are courses in your higher preferences.

The Spectre

HSC
Thank you for putting me at psychological ease! I was to some degree sure that it would be fine. I wasn't aware, however, that I could actually complete the enrolment process. Though, since I've changed my mind I suppose it doesn't matter that I didn't.

Now, fingers crossed that UTS makes me an offer :)

Last edited:

MrDimple

HSC
yeah you can, i accepted my offer at UWS which was my first preference, but i re-arranged mine so that my first preference was my last, and my 2nd preference was my first, i also enrolled in making a MYUWS account just in case i did this so i can be elligible for early feb and late feb rounds.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I preferred the term "Late round" rather then the other other one (EFR)..Its all because of the change from the UAI to the ATAR hey? -_-..also I prefer UAI...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)