URGENT- Maintaining a balance bio prac Exam - what was yours/what could it be? (1 Viewer)

superlaura

HSC
Hi everyone!

please help!!

Got a biology maintaining a balance prac exam , we get no clue concerning what it's about, but could be from any of modules in maintaining a balance

To current/finished HSC students: what were your exam pracs on this topic?
any details very much appreciated,

or if you actually have the paper/ question that would help sooooo much!!!

p.s. if u have the paper/ or remember about the james ruse past practical - doubly appreciated

THANKS!

Last edited:

kirst21k

HSC
ours is between:

effect of pH on enzyme activity
effect of temp of enzyme activity
effect of substrate conc on enzyme activity

superlaura

HSC
thanks!

we need to bring a "timing device", so i believe it could be effect of substrate concentration or more likely pH on enzyme activity, as temp is a bit hard to do in a prac test....

any ideas?

zingerburger

HSC
It would most likely be from any of those three that kirst21k listed. As for the "timing device", you'll still need one for the temperature experiment because you need to measure how long it takes for the bubbles to reach the top of the test tube, just like the other two experiments.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I think I'm doing something that has to do with identifying parts of a piece of liver, because our teacher kind of made it sound like we're.

Or otherwise it's
about enzymes effect, one of them 3 mentioned before
finding cell size
or something to do with a plant, but i don't think so because it was too easy XD

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
mine is this wednesday, out teacher told us.
we would need to know:

a. The difference between xylem and phloem
and
b. importance of carbon dioxide and oxygen in the blood

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
i think ours is going to be on the effect of substrate conc on enzyme activity, because that's the only part of enzymes we didn't do (all three of our classes) or it could be on plants ><

matty123789

HSC
Ours was a two part practical assessment, the first being the effect of pH on the enzyme catalase, the second being using the technique to measure the size of RBCs

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
We end up doing two, Our first Biology assesment involved affect of CO2 on water, ie blowing into a test tube of water through a straw and watching the colour of the indicator change and questions of enzymes i think. Our 3rd Biology assesment consisted of how substrate concentration affects enzyme activity and questions of genetics.

And the fact that you were asked to bring in a timing device is just so you can measure quantatively instead of qualitatively which is how enzyme experiments are normally measured. Its highly unlikely you with do the affects of temperature on enzymes in a test situation as that would require far to much time, ie setting up a heat and cold bath, and allowing the enzyme to denature would take up a majority of the time, and since you are been marked mostly on questions surronding your experiement ie method aim hypothesis varibles conclusion they will not test temp, though still be prepared for it

goldie-locks

HSC
Could anyone post some more?

We have our prac test early next term (i'm in year 11 now, and doing pracs is my worst area).

It would be really appreciated!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)