Urgent: Major Work as an Extension of the Adv and Ext 1 Courses (1 Viewer)

RNX

HSC
Just a quick and very urgent question before I continue down the path im already on...

This will probably sound very naive and ignorant, but what does this mean exactly? How do I structure my idea/work so that it is an extension of senior english?

Thanks,
RNX.

RNX

HSC
Thanks. :)

Edit: So does it really matter how strongly its related? Can I practically write my own thing and then find a way to relate it, or is it better to do it the other way around (ie find the link and start from there)?

Last edited:

snowconesyum

HSC
i think it's better to write it then relate it, you can ALWAYS find a link, also if u go straight from syllabus (ie. starting with a link) you run the risk of being too derivative...
I think in one of the Examiner's Notes one year they mentioned the need to be careful that your work was an extension of, rather than exploration of, a concept/aspect of the Stage 6 syllabus. Eg. don't just write a crime story. I think the idea is that it shouldn't be a project that is able to just slot neatly into Advanced or Extension work, it should have your own slant/direction on it, with the syllabus being more of a basic starting point.
For instance my ties were pretty tenuous, but still valid - used Modernism (yr 11 english) and that movement in poetry and drew from that, went into individual search for meaning/identity and the whole emphasis on isolation that modernism had.. so yeah. it can be pretty vague i think, just make it up :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)