Urgent Multiple Choice Question Help! (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Can someone please give me the answer to these two multiple choice questions from our legal studies test and explain why please.

An example of a crime against the international community is:

A) Drug Trafficking
B) Terrorism
C) People smuggling
D) Embezzlement

Jamie holds up a service station and threatens the attendant with a gun. Taylor drives the car in which they make their escape. In legal terms, Taylor is considered to be:

A) An accessory after the fact
B) An accessory before the fact
C) The principle in the first degree
D) The principle in the second degree

Major thanks, its pretty urgent :)

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
1) B
Drug trafficking and people smuggling are transnational crimes (the other form of international crime) and then to decide on embezzlement just look at the definition
(HSC Online):these are crimes, so recognised because of their heinous nature, by the majority of countries in the world and are ratified by numerous conventions and treaties
Embezzlement is also disregarded as it is an economic crime.
Leaving terrorism as your answer :)

2) D

Again using HSC Online here are the definitions of the parties to a crime

Principal in the first degree: the person(s) directly responsible for the criminal act, e.g. robbed the bank.
Principal in the second degree: the person, who assists the offender in the first degree to commit the crime, e.g. drove the getaway car.
Accessory before the fact: the person(s) who helped to plan the crime e.g. stole the bank plans.
Accessory after the fact: the person(s) who knowingly assists the offender after the crime has been committed, e.g. helped hide the offender from police.

For further info on this question look at this video and go to about half way?

Hope this helps and good luck on your exam.

Last edited:

Focus is Key

HSC
1) B
Drug trafficking and people smuggling are transnational crimes (the other form of international crime) and then to decide on embezzlement just look at the definition
(HSC Online):these are crimes, so recognised because of their heinous nature, by the majority of countries in the world and are ratified by numerous conventions and treaties
Embezzlement is also disregarded as it is an economic crime.
Leaving terrorism as your answer :)

2) D

Again using HSC Online here are the definitions of the parties to a crime

Principal in the first degree: the person(s) directly responsible for the criminal act, e.g. robbed the bank.
Principal in the second degree: the person, who assists the offender in the first degree to commit the crime, e.g. drove the getaway car.
Accessory before the fact: the person(s) who helped to plan the crime e.g. stole the bank plans.
Accessory after the fact: the person(s) who knowingly assists the offender after the crime has been committed, e.g. helped hide the offender from police.

For further info on this question look at this video and go to about half way?

Hope this helps and good luck on your exam.
Thanks a bunch. I actually have just done the test but just wondering about the answers because I was unsure if the teacher got the first wrong, the second was my stuff up. I put terrorism and got marked wrong, according to her the answer is people smuggling but that's a transnational crime!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)