URGENT ONE current use of ethanol (1 Viewer)

AshAMariE

HSC
N/A
hey ppl this is my first post

i have noticed some of the ethanol stuff on here but i have a question that isnt answered by any of it:

Evaluate the current use of ethanol

there are other questions in the research task i have asking to discuss ethanol as an alternative car fuel so it has to almost be completely different can anyone help??

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
10-20% of ethanol can be used in modern cars without the need for engine modification. It is hence used as a petrol extender. Ethanol was also used in this way during WWII.

I'm pretty sure that this dot point refers to ethanol as a fuel, but other non-fuel-related current uses include industrial solvent for cosmetics, food flavourings and household cleaners.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Also ethanol is used in Brazil. All cars over there either run on ethanol or have blended fuel.

In Europe plans to have blended fuel are proceeding. By 2010 there will be 5.24 percent of cars using petrol-ethanol fuel and by 2020, 20% will be using blended fuels. (those numbers should be okay if my memory serves me right) :D

Sam.

bored.
HSC
YBK said:
Also ethanol is used in Brazil. All cars over there either run on ethanol or have blended fuel.
They don't run on pure ethanol anymore. It was too expensive.

H

housemouse

Ethanol can be used a solvent for polar and non polar substances because ethanol has a OH- group and a CH3CH2- hydrocarbon group as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)