Urgent : Subject Selection Help (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
im just wondering if these subjects are good .. there are all these scaling and stuff and ii just dont get it ..

english [ advanced ]
maths [ standard ] (teacher advised me to do standard = =")
chem.
bio.
ipt
pd/h/pe

ii wana know if these subjects will be "scaled down ?" or whatever and ii heard picking up an extension course will be really good ..

ii need help !!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
One word of advice, do not worry about scaling when picking subjects, as you can get any UAI with any combination of 10 units that includes 2 units of english. As foor the scaling of those particular subjects, all but chemistry and biology provide less than average scaling. But if you do well in them, then the scaling should not affect you. By the looks of it, you can only attempt the extension course for english, but I suggest that you think very hard about picking up an extension course, as they are designed for students that are skilled in that particular subject and want to challenge themselves.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
One word of advice, do not worry about scaling when picking subjects, as you can get any UAI with any combination of 10 units that includes 2 units of english. As foor the scaling of those particular subjects, all but chemistry and biology provide less than average scaling. But if you do well in them, then the scaling should not affect you. By the looks of it, you can only attempt the extension course for english, but I suggest that you think very hard about picking up an extension course, as they are designed for students that are skilled in that particular subject and want to challenge themselves.
Ditto.

I do IPT right now, love the practical stuff (eg. making a website :p), but hate all the theory :mad1: Some of it barely has much to do with computers at all... And I don't like memorising stuff for assessment tasks :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)