URGENT: Sydney boys interview! (1 Viewer)

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
I just got offered an interview at SBHS, and it's to day, so what should I do to prepare for it!

I appreciate any answers u can give me

UPDATE: THX TO EVERYONE WHO ANSWERED IN THIS THREAD, I'VE JUST DONE MY INTERVIEW ON TUESDAY, AND IM GETTING MY OUTCOME NEXT WEEK!! :)

UPDATE 2: JUST GOT OFFERED A PLACE AT SBHS, THX TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD!! :)

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
prove to them why you should be enrolled by showing academic scores/extracurricular activities, etc.

HSC
I just got offered an interview at SBHS, and it's to day, so what should I do to prepare for it!

I appreciate any answers u can give me
Always smile and be attentive to the person who is interviewing you. Engage in the conversation he/she has with you, and do not merely sit there nodding your head or just giving simple yes or no answers. Actually talk to the person and have a smile, have a positive attitude.

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
prove to them why you should be enrolled by showing academic scores/extracurricular activities, etc.
Yeah, I've already pre prepared all my achievements into a folder, and I also brought a trophy I won, so that should be okay

astroman

HSC
Yeah, I've already pre prepared all my achievements into a folder, and I also brought a trophy I won, so that should be okay
bring certificates and awards as well, maybe even show some out of school achievements.

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
bring certificates and awards as well, maybe even show some out of school achievements.
Ok, thanks for that tip, but I'm glad that my parents will be in the background of the interview, that way I won't be as nervous, even though I have to do most of the talking!

astroman

HSC
Yr 9, but I think I'm one of the first ones as my peers for sths haven't even got an offer for an interview yet, so I'm pretty hyped
People also say that their current school isn't offering their preffered subjects and that the school you are applying for is so that can be a bit of a reason for the school to consider you.

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
People also say that their current school isn't offering their preffered subjects and that the school you are applying for is so that can be a bit of a reason for the school to consider you.
I had chosen commerce(very popular), and design and tech as subject selections

HSC
I had chosen commerce(very popular), and design and tech as subject selections
Dude, you need to stand out in this interview. Showing academics and trophies and what not is truly good and all, but then think about it, other kids who are coming for the interview were also selected because of their academic capabilities. You cannot solely rely on your academics to get accepted into the school, you need to show them your people skills, you need to have a positive attitude and you must engage in the conversation with the interviewer. DO NOT sit there replying with yes or no!

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
Dude, you need to stand out in this interview. Showing academics and trophies and what not is truly good and all, but then think about it, other kids who are coming for the interview were also selected because of their academic capabilities. You cannot solely rely on your academics to get accepted into the school, you need to show them your people skills, you need to have a positive attitude and you must engage in the conversation with the interviewer. DO NOT sit there replying with yes or no!
I definitely had way more sporting achievements that academic over the past two years, although I believe I'm strong in both, BUT AS YOU SAID, yeah u would really need to be friendly and converse with the principal to truly earn your spot.

HSC
I definitely had way more sporting achievements that academic over the past two years, although I believe I'm strong in both, BUT AS YOU SAID, yeah u would really need to be friendly and converse with the principal to truly earn your spot.
Exactly ! Good luck :D

HSC
but yeah as they said above; prep like how you are better than everyone else, what you can offer, dress nicely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)