USB Ports. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So I finally got an iPod the other day and when I connect it to the computer a balloon pops up and says that my USB port is too slow (must be USB 1.1) and recommends I connect to a faster USB port. Then it tells me to click the balloon for more information and tells me I have six USB 2.0 Ports but the problem is I don't know where they are. Anyone know how I can identify them? Thanks:).

kalli

HSC
well they look exactly the same as the USB 1 ports... check on the back, front and sides and also under any "flaps" that open on your case...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
There are none apart from another USB 1.1 port. That is why I was asking. I was thinking I need to buy an actual port and plug it into my motherboard or something? Haha, I have no idea:p.

kalli

HSC
SoCal said:
There are none apart from another USB 1.1 port. That is why I was asking. I was thinking I need to buy an actual port and plug it into my motherboard or something? Haha, I have no idea:p.
yeah you can buy USB 2 cards that are really easy to install :) just need a spare slot on the motherboard...

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
Ya, most motherboards that have been designed since USB 2 do have them, its just a matter of putting the riser in.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, thanks for your help guys. So what do the slots that I have to put the risers in look like and what do risers look like? I assume any computer store would have them:)?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Assuming you're on Windows XP, are you on Service Pack 1 or later? Remember XP doesn't give you drivers out of the box for USB 2.0 but Service Pack 1 has it.. so you might aswell have USB 2.0 on your motherboard, just that you haven't updated Windows XP sufficiently to enable it's operation yet.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 and am up-to-date with all updates:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)