Use of laptops in asb (1 Viewer)

zizou5

HSC
I know there have been threads surrounding this issue before but I was hoping to know if many students use laptops or netbooks that study commerce at unsw? I'll be looking to major in finance and accounting most likely so do you think that purchasing a laptop would be beneficial or should i just go old school with paper and pen?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I know there have been threads surrounding this issue before but I was hoping to know if many students use laptops or netbooks that study commerce at unsw? I'll be looking to major in finance and accounting most likely so do you think that purchasing a laptop would be beneficial or should i just go old school with paper and pen?
When you start university, pretty much 'every person' in the ASB will be sitting on a chair using a laptop.

Just get a laptop. Why wouldn't you?

ninjapuppet

HSC
N/A
some finance subjects like FINS2624 recommend you to bring a laptop into tutorials and copy the tutor while he's showing you stuff on excel.

you can get by without one, but considering how much uni fees you'll end up paying, the price of a laptop isnt much.

robb3d

HSC
I would say laptops are a must in uni.

That said, I bet you'll be on facebook 50% of the time :(

migoi

HSC
Purchasing a laptop will be beneficial however the question is whether the benefits outweigh the costs.

I have a netbook however rarely use it at uni, as I find it's quicker to write notes and draw graphs on printed powerpoint slide handouts. Plus most people I see using a laptop, use it for more recreational purposes rather than educational.

IMO you could go without it the benefits aren't worth the costs.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Laptops would definitely help, but I would say less in Accounting subjects and more in Finance subjects. But yeah in reality, most people who bring their laptops to lectures get distracted by the free internet and watch failblog videos in lectures lmao.

I would say laptops are a must in uni.

That said, I bet you'll be on facebook 50% of the time :(
Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to be who I think you are, Rob C?

Monstar

HSC
Interesting , laptops arent really a necessity at macq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)