Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I propose putting krabby in a remote community, in another country (so his education is invalid), take away his money, credit card etc, give him a shit heap to live in, a few tropical diseases, maybe an addiction to alcohol or petrol sniffing, and tell him to get a job.

If he fails after, say, a month, we shall then proceed to call him unevolved repeatedly, and maybe poke him with a stick and laugh.

All in favour post below this line
People start their lives in all different circumstances. People have all different successes in life. The life that somebody has all depends on their experiences. The aboriginies should tell the young ones to stay inside and not wander around at night. It is the parent that pose biggest threat to a bad life. However if the parents do not care about their children then the children need to take hold of all the opportunities they are presented with. There are many people who come from those type of communities and have an extremely successful life in terms of a job and family. There are also people from well off families who destroy their lives and end up living in that situation. These people need to take advantage of all opportunities. And dont try saying that they dont have any opportunities as they do, everyone does.

I accept that different races are biologically different. However, the reason I object to that particular claim is that (keeping in mind no evidence has been presented to support it) believing it makes it extremely easy to dismiss any legitimate concerns about Aboriginal health.
You have to exercise a muscle in order for it to get bigger. If many generations continue to exercise that muscle, eventually generations will be born with bigger muscles. The same applies to the brain. The more you exercise it the bigger it will get. If you dont exercise it, it will shrink. Europeans have been exercising their brains and immune systems for a lot longer then aboriginies. Europeans were organising castle raids and building cities while aboriginies were poking fires. Hence europeans have exercised their brains for a lot longer and harder. This gives europeans bigger brains. The growth of the brain theory was proven in a scientific study last year with the brain size having increased in europeans over 600 years. This is shown by the size of the forehead.
Immune systems develop as they encounter more diseeases and viruses. Europeans have travelled more and have hence developed a superior immune system, while they may not have immunity to all the diseases aborigines do.

That ABC program that race is made up is ridiculous. My idea is that its like a runnig race. People are all different and are trying to reach the ultimate goal (many different idas). In a race people are all different with different strategies and different strengths. The human race is against aliens. Its made up of several races of people with similar looks, ideas, and backgrounds etc. Yes it was made up at one point, but to suggest it is an imaginary barrier is ridiculous.

No they do not. And if you actually research the views of modern Aboriginal activists you will see that they are against heavy welfare and spoon-feeding and are promoting simply the removal of barriers so that oppportunities may be taken, rather than given to them.
The politicians should do something about it, or maybe those activist could go to communities and show them how to use the opportunities rather then criticising. If we give them nothing they complain, we give them something they complain.

No, that is your culture. Many of us do not like those things and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I don't like football and generally prefer wine over beer. Does that make me less worthy of living here than you? No. Chances are, I know more about the history and institutions of this country than you will ever know. Simply because people have different tastes to you is no reason to attack them.
That is the general Aussie culture. I follow footy and prefer wine. I dont always have steak but it do not promote gangs. I dont try to change the aussie culture. Im not talking about tastes, im talking about the way of life and the ideas.

1. I'm not religious.

2. The streets are not "Christian". Ever heard of separation of Church and State?
Im not religious but i celebrate easter and christmas. Chances are that you do to. Australia is a christain country.

I didn't "come here". I was born here, as were my parents.
If you support people changing and wrecking our way of life it is just as bad (not challenging is just as bad).

Where abouts do you live? There are many remote areas with limited work opportunities.
Where do all the other people who live in remote areas work. Perhaps they own farms. Myabe they should go and wprk on the farms.

And how do you propose they do that? The government has deprived them, then set them up on the spoon-feeding of welfare.
They need to think for themselves

How realistic.

How will you afford living in a new area? How easy do you think it is to get a decent paying job? How are they going to deal with separation from their friends and family? How is someone from a remote, rural community going to deal with living in suburban areas without any support? It's easy for you to say these things but practically difficult to achieve.
The newstart allowance gives money. They will also get alot of money for being an aboriginal. You start from the bottom and work your way up.

Of course they have the wrong idea about jobs. They are not used to doing the sort of things that our society wants. Again, the result of historical social ostracism. Additionally, welfare schemes have kept indigenous people out of work being spoon-fed rather than encouraging the finding of jobs. Further, I'm curious as to what sort of jobs do you think are available for them? High-paying corporate work?
How about an apprenticeship at TAFE? They could also work at small stores as a store person, or a cleaner. For remote areas they can work on a farm.

Stop and think for a moment. Why would they attack police while in gaol?
Custody is different to jail.
Do you think a multi-millionaire would go around shoplifting? There are social problems that need to be dealt with and it is not as simple as slapping them all in gaol cells. What do you think that would do to them? Pushing them into a perpetual crime-cycle would be great for advancing their job prospects wouldn't it?
Winona Ryder.

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
And dont try saying that they dont have any opportunities as they do, everyone does.
This denies that society is divided by various factors, which society is. Different ends of the divide have different opportunities. To claim otherwise would mean that we have a perfect sytem in all spheres, education, wealth distrubition, transport etc so that all people have the same opportunities.

erin_tonkin

HSC
Moonlight Sonata. You seem to have your head screwed on but from your posts it seems that you are just having a whinge. While you critisize crabby me and rebut everything she says you say nothing. You give no alternate solution but just say why Aboriginal people cant make a better life for themselves. Almost saying that to be living these lives is acceptable and fine when it most certainly is not. Crabby spoke of many ways in which to get out of poverty but you just rebutted back saying its too hard and that they just cant. Please have faith in these people. We have to otherwise their lives will go on and on like this. Yet read my other post. Its not an aboriginal problem but a low socio economic problem. You will probably tell me im ignorant and dont know anything but are you yourself realy offering any other solutions to such an important problem? I think not

HSC
erin_tonkin said:
Moonlight Sonata. You seem to have your head screwed on but from your posts it seems that you are just having a whinge. While you critisize crabby me and rebut everything she says you say nothing. You give no alternate solution but just say why Aboriginal people cant make a better life for themselves. Almost saying that to be living these lives is acceptable and fine when it most certainly is not. Crabby spoke of many ways in which to get out of poverty but you just rebutted back saying its too hard and that they just cant. Please have faith in these people. We have to otherwise their lives will go on and on like this. Yet read my other post. Its not an aboriginal problem but a low socio economic problem. You will probably tell me im ignorant and dont know anything but are you yourself realy offering any other solutions to such an important problem? I think not
I think you've missed the point of MoonlightSonata's posts. I agree that the problems we associate with indigenous Australians are essentially low socio-economic status problems, and that it's not constructive to condone these problems.

However, I didn't think that was what MoonlightSonata was doing. Crabby was making completely unfounded, ignorant and bigoted assertions that needed to be corrected, and she did that. He made unrealistic, simplistic suggestions, and she pointed this out. She didn't present a whole new solution, but she didn't need to in order to correctly and legitimately identify what was wrong with Crabby's 'solution'.

You can't make progress based on false assumptions, and her posts were much more constructive in helping the Aboriginal cause than Crabby's, to be sure.

Last edited:

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
A lot of people in this thread would do well to read and think about the '4-minute mile' story. It was thought to be impossible that humans could run under 4 minutes for a mile. However when it was achieved the 4 minute mile was achieved on a regular basis. This shows that nothing is impossible.

To you i am making suggestions that have been tried before a few times and then tossed aside. Before criticising me maybe you should think about trying some of these strategies yourself on the aboriginies that you all seem to helping. Oh damn, sorry i thought u were all experts as you are all criticising my simple way of doing things. Simple ways are often the most effective.

MoonlightSonatra is basically criticising everything i suggest by saying, its already been tried or thats impossible. All these aborigines need is one person to break that 4 minute mile, one person to break away from there upbringing. Maybe he should know that alot of aboriginies dont want to help themselves because they are ignorant and their beliefs are all mixed up. Beliefs that need to be changed with force not words like, "thats very bad let me give you some money".

Originally Posted by krabby_me
That ABC program that race is made up is ridiculous. My idea is that its like a runnig race. People are all different and are trying to reach the ultimate goal (many different idas). In a race people are all different with different strategies and different strengths. The human race is against aliens. Its made up of several races of people with similar looks, ideas, and backgrounds etc. Yes it was made up at one point, but to suggest it is an imaginary barrier is ridiculous.

holy shit, thats fucked. Didnt hitler have similar ideas???? Krabz u have a lot in comon with Hitler!! somethings not right!!!

HSC
That is SO embarassing, and I'm very sorry.
That said, I still stand by everything else I said and maintain the right to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
A lot of people in this thread would do well to read and think about the '4-minute mile' story. It was thought to be impossible that humans could run under 4 minutes for a mile. However when it was achieved the 4 minute mile was achieved on a regular basis. This shows that nothing is impossible.
There is also the theory that the White middle class (petty bourgeoisie) and the White upper class can never see past their own interest. That they can never be for what is best for the Aboriginal nation. That white middle class interest clash with the interests of the Aboriginal nation. The theory is that the white middle class can never put aside their interests for the interests of thoose who are oppressed.

Following this theory your ideas are shit and Aboriginal self determination, the cooperation of the Federal Government and your silence can only bring the best for the Aboriginal nation.

This has proven true in all anti colonial, anti imperialist and all national liberation movements.

Here is a good quote by Malcom X.

"I've never seen a sincere white man, not when it comes to helping black people. Usually things like this are done by white people to benefit themselves. The white man's primary interest is not to elevate the thinking of black people, or to waken black people, or white people either. The white man is interested in the black man only to the extent that the black man is of use to him. The white man's interest is to make money, to exploit."

We have seen this to be true in so many situations.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
erin_tonkin said:
You don't have to propose a solution to find fault in someone's logic.

If you are serious about my thoughts on solutions, see my short essay on the topic. The password is mabo.

Come back when you have finished reading.

Generator

HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
You may have resigned by then.

On a slight tangent, I say that a mass exodus should occur at about that time.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
This denies that society is divided by various factors, which society is. Different ends of the divide have different opportunities. To claim otherwise would mean that we have a perfect sytem in all spheres, education, wealth distrubition, transport etc so that all people have the same opportunities.
I didnt say that they have the same opportunities. I said that they have opportunities.

Who do you think taught the parents?
In the aboriginal community the elders are highly respected. They cant wander the streets and so they become thinkers. They should tell the parents to look after their kids. That is how the aboriginal hierarchy works.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. Seriously you are sooooooooo fucking stupid it's unbelievable. You have just spat in Charles Darwins face. Go back to school you fucking moron. Go and read a biology textbook and put something decent in that thick skull of yours.
Its you who would do good to read about charles darwin. That is along the lines of what he said happens.

This is the stupidest, most dimwitted, fucking retarded bit of writing that I have ever read on BoS. Europeans are in the same species as Aboriginals, you dumb fuck. We have the same genes. Europeans don't have bigger brains than aboriginals. Europeans were able to "organise castle raids and build cities" because they had the natural resources readily available to them which let them do it.
40,000 years apart from the rest of the world means that they have developed slightly different charteristics. Noticeable ones are skin colour, and the size of their nose. Europeans do have bigger brains. But yes we are the same species. The fact remains though that they contunue to harrass people and ask for money.

holy shit, thats fucked. Didnt hitler have similar ideas???? Krabz u have a lot in comon with Hitler!! somethings not right!!!
No Hitler had some idea about racial purity which is not what im about. Im for keeping the culture of australia the way it should be. My definition is the widely accepted definition of what race really is. Hitler was nothing more than a murderer who murdered tons of innocent jews. He deserved to be tortured and put to death.

There is also the theory that the White middle class (petty bourgeoisie) and the White upper class can never see past their own interest. That they can never be for what is best for the Aboriginal nation. That white middle class interest clash with the interests of the Aboriginal nation. The theory is that the white middle class can never put aside their interests for the interests of thoose who are oppressed.
This comes back to the point that when the minority says something is happening its because of racism. I like to stand up against all critics and prove people wrong. This is not racism we are talking about. It about stop 'helping' people who want to live like kings. It does the aborinies good to be in jail as it gets them away from their harrassing gangs, and the petrol and alcohol. It makes them think about what they were doing.

You don't have to propose a solution to find fault in someone's logic.

If you are serious about my thoughts on solutions, see my short essay on the topic. The password is mabo.

To criticise you should always propose a better solution.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
krabby_me said:
I didnt say that they have the same opportunities. I said that they have opportunities.

In the aboriginal community the elders are highly respected. They cant wander the streets and so they become thinkers. They should tell the parents to look after their kids. That is how the aboriginal hierarchy works.

Its you who would do good to read about charles darwin. That is along the lines of what he said happens.

40,000 years apart from the rest of the world means that they have developed slightly different charteristics. Noticeable ones are skin colour, and the size of their nose. Europeans do have bigger brains. But yes we are the same species. The fact remains though that they contunue to harrass people and ask for money.

No Hitler had some idea about racial purity which is not what im about. Im for keeping the culture of australia the way it should be. My definition is the widely accepted definition of what race really is. Hitler was nothing more than a murderer who murdered tons of innocent jews. He deserved to be tortured and put to death.

This comes back to the point that when the minority says something is happening its because of racism. I like to stand up against all critics and prove people wrong. This is not racism we are talking about. It about stop 'helping' people who want to live like kings. It does the aborinies good to be in jail as it gets them away from their harrassing gangs, and the petrol and alcohol. It makes them think about what they were doing.

To criticise you should always propose a better solution.
i was excited to read your post knowing i would get a brain explosion,

and yes sir i certainly did.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
As someone who's done a significant amount of biology, I can tell you that you're actually referring to LaMarck's theory of acquired characteristics, which was completely debunked. If it were true then a man who lost his arm would have children with only one arm, and that's just silly.

Darwin's theory says if two individuals with a genetic precursor to developing big muscles mate, they will probably produce offspring with that gene, who are, yes, more likely to have large muscles.

Now go off and amputate a limb to prove me wrong.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I am talking of Darwins theory. Just as if generations of horses try to reach higher branches by straining their necks, the neck will gradually grow. As the brain is used for more and more strenuous tasks it will gradually increase in size.
Darwin states that it is the survival of the fittest and that animals and humans will change to adapt to the new environment.

HSC
krabby_me said:
I am talking of Darwins theory. Just as if generations of horses try to reach higher branches by straining their necks, the neck will gradually grow. As the brain is used for more and more strenuous tasks it will gradually increase in size.
Darwin states that it is the survival of the fittest and that animals and humans will change to adapt to the new environment.
Read, you fucking moron.

withoutaface said:
As someone who's done a significant amount of biology, I can tell you that you're actually referring to LaMarck's theory of acquired characteristics, which was completely debunked. If it were true then a man who lost his arm would have children with only one arm, and that's just silly.

Darwin's theory says if two individuals with a genetic precursor to developing big muscles mate, they will probably produce offspring with that gene, who are, yes, more likely to have large muscles.

Now go off and amputate a limb to prove me wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_evolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamarck

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
krabby_me said:
That's LaMarck's theory. Darwin's theory states that the individuals with the best suited genes will survive more often than those without them, and hence pass those onto the next generation.

davin

HSC
N/A
i think more why Darwin's rolling in his grave is that in accordance with survival of the fittest, krabby prob shouldn't be around still

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Looks like you all need to read more in depth rather then skimming iver the main points. Yes my theory is exactly like Lamarck. However Darwin has included Lamarcks theory in his own with the theory of adaption. Lamarck was praised by Darwin.

Darwins theory had many parts and of these parts one is adaption. The aboriginies have adapted more to there environment, and by only needing a smaller brain, those ones born with bigger brains were thought inferior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think more why Darwin's rolling in his grave is that in accordance with survival of the fittest, krabby prob shouldn't be around still
Its better to question beliefs rather than accept them absolutely.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The aboriginies have adapted more to there environment, and by only needing a smaller brain, those ones born with bigger brains were thought inferior.
Ugh.... evolutionarybiologyxplodedarwinxxxemo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)