• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Use same story? (2 Viewers)

fuzzy09

HSC
Sorry if this is the wrong section :S

But is it okay to use your ext eng short story for your belonging creative section if they ask for a short story as well?
Btw my short story for ext deals with belonging as well, without completely spelling out "Ah I finally feel like i belong" *in pansy voice*

Freckles14

HSC
Pretty sure not. I was thinking about that this morning actually. What if you have the worst luck in the world and the marker who got your Belonging story ends up marking your Extension one as well?

Maybe if you leave out the murder/sci-fi/biography and change all the character names it'd work :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
As Sidicious-Reign said it's not plagirism so you'll be fine.

Of course you'd have to shorten your story so you could actually write it in time XD

fuzzy09

HSC
yeah arent those ext1 things 10,000 words or so?
nah in the creative section your given 1hr to write a creative piece according to the stimulus your given, so in an hour its possible to write up to 1200, if your fast at writing...

The ext 1 exam consists of two sections
Section 1 - You'll have to write an essay, in past years they've asked other things but like english its almost always going to be an essay

Section 2 - Creative writing piece, your short story and you must also write this in response to the stimulus your given, so you have to adapt your story to the stimulus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)