using artworks for related text for frontline? (1 Viewer)

Lucy Loo

do you think using art as a text for frontline would work? like how artists manipulate artworks in order to conceal the truth or the real image behind their artwork?

timmii

sporadic attendee
It can and does work. One of my best friends had an artwork as a related text, I don't know if she actually ended up using it with the question but she did superbly well in the assessments and in the exam. If you're going to use artwork though, just like any other piece of related material, make sure u can use it well and can refer to techniques etc...

On another note, art is the most traditional form of propaganda so of course they can be used to manipulate the truth...

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
i suppose it can work, but it depands on how well you can explaine the relevance of the work to frontline and the manipulatation of truth. personal i wouldnt be able to analyse artworks.....

Lucy Loo

yeah i can analyse them good, i do art, thats why i thought i might be able to, because of art.
oh well- i have 4 supplementary texts to choose from, i hope they fit the question :-S

TastesGoodBut

i used artwork for Frontline - my teacher likes it because its different and it still encompasses the same ideas

so go for it

would be good if you can get another painting of the same situation or whatever to show a conflict between a historically correct one or whatever and your one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)