Using pencil to draw diagrams/graphs (1 Viewer)

A1La5

HSC
Hello,

In HSC Mathematics exams, are students allowed to draw diagrams and graphs using pencil? I am aware that you have to write in pen for scanning purposes, but I am wondering whether the same rule applies for graphs and diagrams. I know that in exams such as Physics and Chem you can draw diagrams using pencil (it's an instruction on the front sheet), so would the same rule exist for Maths too?

specificagent1

HSC
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.21.47 pm.png
Hmm it seems like chem and physics specifically says that you can while maths doesnt so im not too sure too

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
if using pen helps for clarity after scanning then I think even graphs/diagrams in math should be drawn using pen. pencil is hard to see, you don't want to risk ur graphs being light especially in maths where a lot of marks go to visuals

icycledough

HSC
Hello,

In HSC Mathematics exams, are students allowed to draw diagrams and graphs using pencil? I am aware that you have to write in pen for scanning purposes, but I am wondering whether the same rule applies for graphs and diagrams. I know that in exams such as Physics and Chem you can draw diagrams using pencil (it's an instruction on the front sheet), so would the same rule exist for Maths too?
For every subject, black pen must be used, including when tracing over graphs. Thus, using pencil first to draw graphs then tracing over is the best thing to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)