using shorthand when proving (1 Viewer)

sarsieisme

HSC
Just a question, when proving angles and the like in geometry, are we allowed to use shorthand notation? e.g. (angle sum of a triangle equals 180), to (< sum of triangle =180), or (supplementary angles equal 180), to (supp. <'s =180)

boxhunter91

HSC
Just a question, when proving angles and the like in geometry, are we allowed to use shorthand notation? e.g. (angle sum of a triangle equals 180), to (< sum of triangle =180), or (supplementary angles equal 180), to (supp. <'s =180)
The BOS will deduct marks for words thats have been abbreviated that arent mathematical terminology.
Just to be safe write it all out.
ie angle sum of an equilateral triangles equals 180 degrees..

HSC
The BOS will deduct marks for words thats have been abbreviated that arent mathematical terminology.
Just to be safe write it all out.
ie angle sum of an equilateral triangles equals 180 degrees..
this.
happened to a friend of a friend of mine.
true story.

theundefined

HSC
there is no such thing as mark deduction. You get given what you have, and if you don't have it then they wont mark you for it. But i know where there are cases abbreviations are allowed; however to be safe, just make sure you write it all out. Its better to be safe than sorry and lose easy marks. And be thankful that 2unit proving dusnt take a long time, 3unit provings in shit like eg. circle geometry. take like ten years

bmn

HSC
The only ones I'll be using are ones like *anglesign*ABC where they already give you it.

ChrisChrisau

HSC
Not sure how much help this is, but the syllabus does use some short hand. For example, in page 24, they write "Angle sum of a A" (of a triangle... not "A")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)