USYD and UNSW law transfer 2016 (1 Viewer)

Shizuka

HSC
I also applied for UNSW combined law but no luck with that either (though that was expected since they take ATAR into account). So I'm transferring to commerce at USYD instead :)

If I were you I would accept the UTS offer, I read somewhere that nowadays UTS law graduates are doing just as well as USYD/UNSW law graduates.

wished

HSC
N/A
If I were you I would accept the UTS offer, I read somewhere that nowadays UTS law graduates are doing just as well as USYD/UNSW law graduates.
Would love to know where you read that if you still remember!

Why not study law at another uni? :l

HSC
N/A
Guys I didn't make it :p

I emailed USYD for the reason and this is what I got:

Due to high demand this year the process for transferring into the combined law program was particularly competitive. Successful candidates needed a high distinction average in their tertiary studies.

I noticed they changed the info a bit on their website as well:

Entry to Combined Law is competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 99 or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the High Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law. If you are a current Sydney student the weighted average mark (WAM) will be used. An ATAR above 99 or a WAM around 77 will be competitive.

So instead of distinction average you now need a high distinction average to be competitive, the 75 WAM has also been changed to 77 as well.
thats such bullshit.

i hope you get an offer in february.

im trying again next year, going to repeat a few units where i got low grades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)