USyd and UTS open day. (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
segzz21 said:
Which uni is best for a bachelor of business?
UTS, imo. I went to the Business lecture at 1:00, the lecturer was a great speaker and sounded genuinely interested in what he was saying, which is always a plus. I went to Syd and apparantly they don't run an internship program there. The sponsor companies for UTS are pretty amazing, they've got like Unilever, Amatil, Macquarie Bank, 3/4 Accounting big 4, and heaps of banks. I think it's going to be a toss up between UNSW and UTS for a bus degree.

But lol was anyone at the 1:00 lecture for bus at uts? I waited behind after to ask the lecturer some questions, just sat down and waited to go last. SO many people were there with their parents and they just stood their like they were dead whilst their parents asked all the questions. I swear if you still need your parents to look after you and ask questions for you when you're heading into uni, you should be shunned!

mirann

HSC
Nah I don't agree entirely, some parents (like mine) come along, and really are asking questions for themselves not for their daughter/son.

Did anyone go to the 'Careers in a Digital World' lecture? Those seats...
I was disappointed with that actually but I missed the first 5 minutes coming back from Merewether.

Wish I'd gone to UTS as well now.

reeni24

HSC
i went to USYD and UTS and i really liked both of them but for different reasons

Arts at usyd sounds fantastic
but communications looks really good at UTS

it would probably help if i actually knew exactly what i wanted to do *sigh*
i spose ill just apply for both and see

Hahaha i got a free movie ticket as well from UTS.. and god! how much free food was there!!

HSC
That TK guy UTS, was the only engaging speaker, everyone else...bleh

Wants to do Business now ...

Now who went to the University of Notre Dame? :hammer:

2S1D3

HSC
housah0lic said:
i think he was talking about people [just maybe]

but yeh fuck the lecture halls were pretty bad
Yeah should have worded it clearer...did anyone go to the Business lectures in Sydney? god I had to sit on the floor during the lectures :(

HSC
2S1D3 said:
Yeah should have worded it clearer...did anyone go to the Business lectures in Sydney? god I had to sit on the floor during the lectures :(
Pssh I was kneeling behind the back row for 30 minutes at the psychology lecture there were that many people (couldn't stand or I would've blocked the view of people behind me).

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
decided law @ usyd is too pretentious for me (and out of reach, lol); impressed with what uts has to offer... though i can totally see problems with waiting for elevators

SiN3m

HSC
<3 UTS...wanna go there more than ever...i actually did learn stuff and have chnaged my idea of courses... i like the specific nature of it

dnt like Usyd..ddnt go but been there before

fishy89sg

HSC
bawd said:
I went to UNSW last week for a lecture (non-CC Day), and I think in terms of facilities and appearance, UNSW significantly is better than USyd. I'll be attending the Careers and Courses Day next Saturday just to see how the lecturers compare to USyd.

The UNSW Australian School of Business and Law Faculty also seems much more equiped and looks sexier than Merewether Building and Eastern Auditorium of USyd, although USyd is currently building that new Law Faculty, which looks amazing from the billboards.
expectedly

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
dont forget the free fairyfloss!
and probably paddle pops because i saw lots of people having one lol
some woman with a camera man wanted to interview one person in our group so the rest of us while eating our humungo fairyflosses were in the background making fairyfloss moustaches... we successfully distracted the woman:cool:

SiN3m

HSC
didn't get any free food/drink...lines too long couldn't be stuffed

Hysterik

HSC
Did anyone go to the B International and Global Studies lecture? I missed it but I'm interested in the degree... what did it sound like? Did they say anything that's not on the web/in the UAC guide?

SiN3m

HSC
Hysterik said:
Did anyone go to the B International and Global Studies lecture? I missed it but I'm interested in the degree... what did it sound like? Did they say anything that's not on the web/in the UAC guide?

i ddnt go i was at the journalism one but my friend loved it. the uai changes depending on what course u put it with....i liked the idea oflearning about a country and its language then going over there to study i think... select few countries tho

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hysterik said:
Yeah it was pretty packed. A language isn't compulsory, but I think everything should either be in the UAC guide or USyd's Art Faculty website. The Director was expecting the UAI to be around 92-95.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
SiN3m said:
i ddnt go i was at the journalism one but my friend loved it. the uai changes depending on what course u put it with....i liked the idea oflearning about a country and its language then going over there to study i think... select few countries tho
zommggg i was at the journalism one too!!!
which session did u go to?
i went with my bf and his friend coz i had nothing else to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)