USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Re: Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread

They don't recommend it, but you can if you want.

I'm not worried, I can handle it. Plus it's the only way I can complete the psychology major in one year, so yeah.

Aysce

HSC

They don't recommend it, but you can if you want.

I'm not worried, I can handle it. Plus it's the only way I can complete the psychology major in one year, so yeah.
Yeah 1st year psych isn't too dense so you should be okay. I also really enjoyed 1st year PSYC and still continue to do so in the higher years so I hope your experience is the same!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's basically half way through midsem and I've eaten SOO MUCH. By the time I'm done with finals in 2 weeks time, I think im going to end up 2-3kg heavier!

Gotta get all dat fine glucose to the brain for cramming though, amirite? ;)

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC

lost my appetite since i started uni tbh

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Yeah 1st year psych isn't too dense so you should be okay. I also really enjoyed 1st year PSYC and still continue to do so in the higher years so I hope your experience is the same!
Here's hoping. :)

I haven't done too many non-maths subjects at uni so I may need a bit of a shift in my approach to study, but I don't think that will be too much of a problem.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A

Ha. They've assigned our groups/rooms for our practical exam based on last names, and my last name falls between two groups. I'm sure it's an oversight (I've e-mailed), but... Really???

egress

HSC

Hahaha what's even better/funnier is the Boost campaign's Facebook page (they were the teal shirts in the SRC elections, if you remember). Student Unity has made their grievances with NLS very, very public. I'm really not digging the logo change though, appropriating the symbols of (what seems to be) terrorist groups in the Middle East is quite tasteless.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Sigh.

Why can't people just get along?

Silly Sausage

HSC

Tfw they forget to give out periodic table, data sheet and formula sheet to the entire chemistry cohort.
Tfw when they spent 1.5hrs to get them but you had to start the exam anyways.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC

Tfw they forget to give out periodic table, data sheet and formula sheet to the entire chemistry cohort.
Tfw when they spent 1.5hrs to get them but you had to start the exam anyways.
I didn't use any of those lol

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Hey someth1ng (if you see this), just a quick question for you.

When you go on exchange, do you have to take units that are more or less the same as ones that are offered at USYD? Or can you take ones without any USYD equivalent and still have it counted to your major/degree?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

Hey someth1ng (if you see this), just a quick question for you.

When you go on exchange, do you have to take units that are more or less the same as ones that are offered at USYD? Or can you take ones without any USYD equivalent and still have it counted to your major/degree?
Not someth1ng, but going on exchange next sem and have gone through this process for both business and engineering subjects so I might be of help.

For my engineering side: Because engineering is really rigid about what subjects I can do, I had to choose subjects that were similar to the ones offered at USYD in order to gain credit for subjects.

For my business side: I chose similar subjects thinking it would be similar to engineering (in the sense that I needed to choose subjects that had USYD equivalents), but when I got the academic approval form back it said that all the subjects that I was considering taking were approved under "unspecified credit".

So it really depends on what degree you're doing.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Ah alright, so there is such thing as unspecified credit. Cool.

Cheers :).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

For geography, they wanted it similar buy they approved one that I just said was similar and that was good enough for them. For chemistry, it needs to be at the right year level (eg CHEM 5XX for 3rd year).

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A

Quick question: where is the ‘CPC Learning Studio’? Obviously Charles Perkins Centre, but... Where in there? I'll go have a nose around tomorrow, but knowing in advance where to look would be helpful (Lost on Campus was not helpful at all).

Edit: So straightforward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)