• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

USYD Commerce (Liberal) vs. UNSW Commerce (International) (1 Viewer)

kjw96

HSC
N/A
Hi

I've just recently received my ATAR and i can't really decide between the two courses: USYD Commerce (Liberal) and UNSW Commerce (International). I am a background mandarin speaker and I plan to continue studying Chinese at university, as well as going on a Chinese exchange program whilst undertaking the commerce course.

As I understand both courses have many similarities- Chinese studies and the opportunity to go on overseas exchange ​are provided in both courses;may I ask which course is better suited to my tertiary-level objectives?

Thanks!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst it's great that you have Mandarin skills and you want to go on exchange, the big question is what do you want to achieve out of all this? What kind of career path/job do you have in mind? Majors?

kjw96

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks for the reply :D! I would like to work in the finance/ banking sector after graduating, most likely in Shanghai. I'm not very familiar with the majors system, but I would like to study Chinese Studies and Finance if they are called majors. So which one would you choose?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)