Usyd dux/future leaders scheme (1 Viewer)

sakura_ran

HSC
Hello :)

I'm a student ambassador for the University of Sydney, and I have quite a bit of experience working with alternate pathways.

There's no certain ATAR concession for any particular degree available for these entry schemes-- but rather the University just fills-in the set amount of places for each degree for each scheme. With law specifically, I believe that an ATAR in the high 98s to low 99s makes you competitive for the degree. However, ATAR-cut offs are decided by demand so nothing is set in stone

The scheme works well if you have a higher ATAR, because that means that there is a higher range of choices. :) Hope this helps.
What about for Commerce?

sakura_ran

HSC
And in addition to your principal nominating you, do you have to place Usyd first for UAC preferences? Thanks!

Mackenziea2017

HSC
Does anyone know if they reserve spots for the double degree Vet Science course?
Also, in general, how far will their concession points stretch? If I get 96 and the required is 97.5, will that cut it?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if they reserve spots for the double degree Vet Science course?
Also, in general, how far will their concession points stretch? If I get 96 and the required is 97.5, will that cut it?
No. If the required is 97.5, 96 does not meet the requirement.

Slippin_Jimmy

HSC
Hey, do you know how many places are set aside for alternative entry stydents? Particularly for Law? Do they set aside e.g. 20 through the Future Leaders Scheme, 20 through E12 etc. Also, do they reserve a certain numer for each combination of dual Law e.g. 20 for Law/Eco, 20 for Law/Arts or are they all considered to be under one? I think a 97 ATAR is quite practical in my situation, and so is becoming dux, but crawling over into 98+ I'm a little unsure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)