usyd enrolment (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you had a read of: Courses - The University of Sydney

In first year you'll usually do most of those junior core units listed. (Make sure you do all the junior units needed for finance). Usually the rest of the subjects you pick are either electives or the units you'll need for a second major.

There are examples on the page I linked to.

Last edited:

wilsonli

HSC
just wondering about this enrolment.. are we just selecting the junior units for our first year or do we havta make up our mind about the senior units we wish to study in the next few years as well ?

HSC
wilsonli said:
just wondering about this enrolment.. are we just selecting the junior units for our first year or do we havta make up our mind about the senior units we wish to study in the next few years as well ?
Just the junior units. But it's not a bad idea to begin thinking about what majors you would like to do in senior years to make sure that you have done the necessary pre-requisities.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
so we have to pick junior year units, but not senior year. what about intermediate years, do they have to be picked as well?
also, do u pick ur units on enrolment day, or at another time?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
On enrolment day. You are picking the subjects for both of this year's semesters.

You can change your semester 1 subject choices right up to mid march.

flamhorn

HSC
Can anybody enlighten me on the enrollment process for transfers?

Provided I get the transfer, will I have to enroll in person like the 1st years, or can I just vary things online via MyUni's pre-enrollment?

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
brogan77 said:
You select the units you wish to study in your 1st year on enrolment day. These will be primarily junior units. However, once you are enrolled you will be able to vary the units you're enrolled in online.
oh kk... thanx heaps :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
flamhorn said:
Can anybody enlighten me on the enrollment process for transfers?

Provided I get the transfer, will I have to enroll in person like the 1st years, or can I just vary things online via MyUni's pre-enrollment?

You enrol in person.

Dont forget to then withdraw from your old degree and also apply for subjects you did in your old degree to be credited to your new one.

loz8888

HSC
hey just wondering if someone can tell me when we find out what text books we need to buy? is it on enrolment day? thanks

HSC
loz8888 said:
hey just wondering if someone can tell me when we find out what text books we need to buy? is it on enrolment day? thanks
Most textbooks will be available at the co-op bookshop. Closer to the start of semester, you will be able to see what books are suggested for what subjects at this website: The Co-op Online Bookshop - textbooks, books, course notes, study guides, software

However, I would advise you to wait until semester begins to get these texts - because sometimes they aren't required. It's a good idea to wait and see what your lecturer says is necessary.

You will also probably need to buy course readers - which are photocopied collections of book chapters and articles. You can find which of these are available through the "Students Notes Onlne" section of myuni - which you won't be able to access until you enrol. These course readers usually aren't available until ~1 week before semester begins, and sometimes even later.

loz8888

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Most textbooks will be available at the co-op bookshop. Closer to the start of semester, you will be able to see what books are suggested for what subjects at this website: The Co-op Online Bookshop - textbooks, books, course notes, study guides, software

However, I would advise you to wait until semester begins to get these texts - because sometimes they aren't required. It's a good idea to wait and see what your lecturer says is necessary.

You will also probably need to buy course readers - which are photocopied collections of book chapters and articles. You can find which of these are available through the "Students Notes Onlne" section of myuni - which you won't be able to access until you enrol. These course readers usually aren't available until ~1 week before semester begins, and sometimes even later.
ok great! thanks very much for that

flamhorn

HSC
Rafy said:
You enrol in person.

Dont forget to then withdraw from your old degree and also apply for subjects you did in your old degree to be credited to your new one.
Thanks for the info :)

I wish you were wrong though :( So don't want to brave those enrolment queues again.

HSC
Re: Important Dates - 2009

lou071 said:
thank you.
one more question, on the enrolment day, you can pick subjects right?
Yep you have to pick subjects on enrolment day. But you can change them online after that day, so you don't need to get too stressed about it.

lou071

HSC
N/A

is subject something like RRRR1005?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)